Blood controls brain activity

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I was watching a great video on Excitotoxins yesterday.
Worth the time to watch this IMO
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2384105525501310962
This is a speech delivered by Dr. Russell Blaylock
who wrote the book Excitotoxins: The Taste That Kills
I was interested to hear that a typical blood test does not sometimes give the correct picture of what is happening to the blood sugar in the brain. Also how deficiency of magnesium can allow more glutamate to cross the blood brain barrier.

I am going to be watching my labels even more clearly.

I am going to be watching my labels even more clearly.

:agree:

BUT - the Manufacturers are going to get
smarter; they are going to realize the "word
has gotten out" so they're going to start
'toying with the word(s)' in a legalized
fashion (FDA approved of course); where
it would leave customers back into deceptive
zone again thinking that their "beloved product"
is "safe again".

It's been done before - again and again.

I think it's a high time that the "Big Boys"
knock it off and stop the "Word Games" and
go back to the basics.

Just my :twocents:

I agree because I shouldn't have to shop with a dictionary.

Great article...sounds plausible to me....

...but then music is in my blood!
:rock:

Sorry, couldn't resist! Seriously though, finding evidence like he did (that possibly links impaired blood flow to epilepsy anyway) is very intriguing indeed!
The only problem I had with the article was the mention of looking into finding 'drugs' to counter the impaired blood flow.......does this mean there is no other possible way?....or is this just another trip down 'AED-lane' on the horizon?
I'm positive I read an article about increasing blood flow to the brain via music somewhere...now I'll have to find it!
:brock:

I had trouble with the "drugs" section too. There are other ways, like changing how you breathe, which immediately changes your brain blood flow and metabolism. Have you seen any of the studies on it?
That's something almost anyone can learn as a first step in raising thier seizure threshold. There must be some theme music for this! I'm so ticked that my old laptop with Win '98 can't download all the cool music you are posting, and I had some special requests too!

Maybe we should try and get someone interested in a study on how certain music affects brain blood flow in people who have seizure disorders!

Maybe we should try and get someone interested in a study on how certain music affects brain blood flow in people who have seizure disorders!

It's called REFLEX SEIZURES or REFLEX EPILEPSY
Musicogenic

CWE-Muse has been doing some research
on this, made a comment in reference to
this in Staff forum.
;)

While I know about this, I'm just waiting
to see what HE has come up with and
his postings!

Uh-oh!.......I'm being watched!...........

It's called REFLEX SEIZURES or REFLEX EPILEPSY
Musicogenic

CWE-Muse has been doing some research
on this, made a comment in reference to
this in Staff forum.
;)

While I know about this, I'm just waiting
to see what HE has come up with and
his postings!

I've been posting everything I can find to the 'centralized' Music\auditory stimulus... thread so far!
I've found some good researching links and have been digging around like a backyard dog....I'M ON IT BRAINY---I PROMISE!
:tup:
:piano:

But I meant a study on how music may improve the seizure threshold, which means no heavy metal for me!

I'll bet that any music which puts one in "the zone" raises the seizure threshold for that person (at least while listening to the music). It would be interesting if any music could be shown to have permanent effects.

Right Bernard!
Obviously, by patterning, music that soothes the erratic brain should raise the seizure threshold, individually, like with neurofeedback. Get in the "zone" often enough, and like reverse kindling, it becomes a habitual response, don't you think?

Last edited:
Perhaps. The problem is, even for professional athletes, musicians and such that are used to performing in the "the zone", it is not always possible to attain or maintain "the zone". I think "the zone" represents an optimal state of mind that cannot be maintained in perpetuity.

Yeah baby, yeah!.......

...you gotta know I'm really diggin' this particular thread!
:tup::tup::tup:

While proof of exactly HOW is very hard to find (Brain, I know you're watchin'!)...I firmly believe the 'patterns' you guys refer to exist out there! The proof may become easier to find as breakthroughs in genetics identify 'audio related' genes and such, but hey, I'm not as immortal as Bernard just became recently so I gotta act more quickly and on a little faith I guess! I agree Bernard, perpetuation is a difficult if not impossible task....however, relief IS relief and if only for a limited time....it's done no worse than your typical AED's! The possibility of become 'immune to' or 'unaffected by' audio previously deemed helpful would not dissuade me from continuing down that path.......I would just 'change my prescription'.

I would hypothisize that it is closely related to compounds in Chemistry 101...
...basically, I think everyone has their own 'unique' elemental makeup when it comes to dealing with sound and there is a 'compound-ing' of sorts that takes place between us and the audio....(again, not sure how of course!)...some compounds that form are worthy and produce positive results!........some blow up the lab and get you detention---as in [URL="http://[/URL"]musicogenic seizures [/URL](Brain, I AM on the case!).

Last edited:
Speber?

You've immortalized Bernard?

:tup:

65e3c28349.jpg

Back
Top Bottom