catamenial epilepsy

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Robin, you are right about what nutritional and what alternative changes can make for some people and I am so glad that you are are on this forum to offer this additional insight for us. I know you personally offer me a lot of hope and I personally plan to try some of the approaches you have tried with Rebecca when I get a bit more organized and get a bit more under control with my seizures traditionally. Right now I am at a point where I need to keep my insurance and need to continue to work so I need to take a more traditional approach so I am adding things more gradually like nutrition like GARD, next I am planning to ask about adding the hormone creme therapy since they are thinking about adding another drug to my regimin during ovulation and my menses. I would rather avoid that if I can. I would love to add Biofeedback, however I am not sure if my insurance would pick it up since I am an adult and in my area it seems the only providers in my area seem to cater to autisic children. So thank you for your insight from your expreience and your wisdom I know I appriciate it know you are loved!

Tina
g a diffren

Sure its ok to ask I don't mind telling you at all if its helpful to you. Again it is Generic the Keppra (Levertiactam) is 500 mg tablets size I take 3 2x daily is Mylan brand I have taken others but that one has worked the best for me. the topamax (topiramate) also from Mylan this is now 200 mgs size I take 1 2x daily. I hope this helps. All shared knowledge is good in my book if you ask me the more questions you ask the better prepared you are at the doctors office. Everyone is reacts differently of course. what helps me may not help Amy. But it might. And what helps Amy may help me : )
Tina

thanks, Amy is on the same as you, generic keppra . The chemist did give her the wrong tablets. They soon took them back and replaced them . So far Amy feels very positive with these new tablets , she is also on lamactal with the keppra.

if the box doesnt say keppra on them they must be the generic name - levetiracetam! iv had the same problems with pharmacists and doctors this week, hope you get everything sorted soon, if they refuse to change them well you could try going on strike in the pharmacy and going mad at pretty much every doctor you speak to...i did this purely because they called me a liar, after 2 years of being on Keppra the pharmacy decided to give me the generic named ones (my thinking because its cheaper for them) and tell me i had always been on them haha because i wouldnt notice the change eh?! best of luck anyway x

Again I am very specific on the generics I take I have had problems when switching with those also mine are very good with me they will let me see the pills as long as I dont touch them before I take them and pay for them. My best friend her dad was a regional head pharamcist for Pay Less/Rite Aid here in the United States for like 30 years before he retired he taught me a lot about what to watch for in the last few years if I ever have a question I just call Larry and he can tell me straight. If you have to have the real thing the sceipt has to say medically necssarry on it or the chemist wont fill it most will fill generic because that's what most insurances will prefer them to fill first.

Back
Top Bottom