Does this warrant a hospital trip?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Hey Rae, so glad to see you're ok. I felt bad because I was going to reply to your neurologist thread but got too busy at work. Then I get home nad check the forums only to see you were having problems. I'm just glad everything worked out for you.

As for tricking you into going to the hospital, trust me, I tried! :lol:

I didn't want to admit that, but yes, I told my wife we could go to McDonalds for an ice cream with the full intention of going to the hospital. Of course she saw through this and it only made her more upset. She remembered this later on and told me "Thanks for trying to trick me!" Oh man, fun times, fun times.

Was the drug Lamictal or the generic Lamotrigine equivalent? I take brand name Lamictal only. No substitutions or generics.

It was the generic lamotrigine, even though the prescription was for lamitcal. I think it is definitely the drug. I think I am sensitive to it, even at a low dose. I am going to wait it out for a bit and hope that it gets better with time.

Who knows, the drug could be doing nothing at all, and my brain is kindling all the seizures. That i'm just getting worse before the drug can actuallly take effect. :shrug:

vapour: Yes, I am on generic. I asked my neuro on the 20th if it mattered to him or I, and his response is that they are "exactly" the same drug. I wanted to argue that, but was too shy. and yes, they told me next time to just call 911. They put that in a EMS response file to have anti seizure needle things on hand, and respond. Only to bring me to ER if it doesnt stop with the shot, or If I do not regain conciousness, stop breathing, etc.
It does matter if you're on generic or brand name. Doctors ALWAYS say it's the same, but from personal experience, I know it's not.

If your seizures have increased on the lamictal, then it's probably not the right med for you. My partner had the same thing happen when he was on gabapentin, and it got better almost instantly when he took him off of it.

Stoopid meds :(

I'm glad you're feeling better. I can tell by your spelling :lol:

Um, what

exactly IS that billion letter word that you posted? I've never heard of it.....all I know for sure is that it has something to do with the lungs......

Good grief. You get an A+ for spelling that.

lol it is a pnuemonia like disease that comes from breathing in microscopic particals of volcanic ash during and erruption. thats why you have to be evacuated.

I know lots of random big words. Even the phobia of long words, is a long word!

How about antidisestablishmentarianism? Or maybe triskadekaphobia? (Fear of the number 13).

Hello Rae, I am glad you are feeling better now. :) I know it's never fun going to the hospital but it's always good to be safe than sorry. :p Glad the Diazepam seems to be working for the time being.
Regarding the sticky piece of paper next to your computer with the drug name on it, I have done exactly the same, though my piece of paper is rather small so most of the time I struggle to find it. lol :lol:
Yep and as for your long word, like Meetz1064 said you definitely deserve an A+. I always cheat and use spell checker first before posting any comments. :eek:)
Take Care. Kind Regards Debbie x
:rose:

Hey Rae:

What a soldier you are, hang in there and I admire your strength to endure what life has set before you. As well - you are my inspiration today! Take care and best regards!

gigi;)

Does this warrant a hospital visit?

personal rule is, if you ask, go.
at worse, they will tell you what to do in the future, and send you home with a lillipop

I dont know about in your state, but in GA they tell you "you had a seizure", give you a lollipop & then mail you a $500.00 bill saying you are responsible .

I owe Ga over 25 grand. i couldnt get insurance in ga when I lived in atl.
But I do have insurance now I live in Ca but they wont cover the ga or al trips to the hospital.

Back
Top Bottom