Epilepsy and heart working together against me...?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
So, I have juvinile myoclonic epilepsy, all started when I was 15 and the medication hasn't done anything except make the after effects less painful.
However this may be coincidental, and I may have just got used to it along with my pain killers getting better.

I have been told I have a condition called postural tachycardia syndrome, where my heart rate goes up and my blood pressure goes down, this is where I get myoclonic I assume - then when they get too far apart I have a full seizure.
They are still checking for heart murmurs and other stuff - because this heart thing is fairly newly discovered.

I wondered if anyone else has heard or experienced this?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hello Zara

I also have heart condition but mine is A fib ( irregular heart beat)m I was told if I didn't get a pace maker I'd have full blown stroke) When I got my pace maker in 2010 it helped my seizures reduce)

I have POTS, which that I know if is completely unrelated to my seizures. I have had "Orthostatic Tremors" though, which cause just one arm or leg to shake/jerk when my BP goes low.

The first time I had one was when I fainted from heat intolerance and when I started to "come out" of the faint, my right arm was jerking.

I wondered if anyone else has heard or experienced this?

I have your symptoms on occasion, but I have myotonic muscular dystrophy. I fall on occasion when getting up from a sitting position. I have to do everything slowly. I have heart conduction abnormalities, a-fib, heart racing, etc. Seizures will accompany these symptoms depending upon my overall fatigue.

Michael, I am glad you posted and I am hoping you are feeling better. I have missed your posts! Some of them are memorable and beautiful! Hope to hear more from you. My best!

Back
Top Bottom