Epilepsy service dogs? Anyone have one?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I think my guinea pigs would greatly appreciate me having a dog over a cat, but now I'm really considering getting a dog and following Aloha's advice. Some of my family are realtors and good friends with my landlord, so it's quite possible that they wouldn't question me saying it was a service animal...definitely something to think about. Not that I would much enjoy being dishonest, but perhaps I could attempt training it myself, or far that matter, surely taking it to a professional trainer would be less costly than the quotes I've received so far. Hmmmm...lots to contemplate here...even if the dog wasn't trained as a seizure alert dog, surely a furry companion would lessen my stress and help in that way at the very least.

Back
Top Bottom