Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Sallieann

New
Reaction score
Hi,

Dropping in to say Hi, ive come across the forum many times when researching nutritional treatment and the tags always throw up messages from here.
Hope its cool to drop a few links on here I run a small charity in the UK Epilepsy Sucks UK esuk.uk.com. We fund raise to buy and give free anti-suffocation pillows to people in the UK with epilepsy from age 3 upwards.

we also have a support group on facebook with over 800 members, talking every aspect of epilepsy looking into root problems that affect the majority and acting on it, we are organizing a series of flash mobs in which we will freeze and seize, freeze; a public 2 minute silence to reflect on lives lost to epilepsy and release balloons with personal messages from families who have been affected. Seize; we will replicate different types of seizures from complex partials to gelastic seizures in order to get media attention to highlight the fact that there are more than 40 different seizure types and make the public aware.

On a personal note my son is almost 20 diagnosed with Lennox Gastaut syndrome and im interested in supporting treatment through diet, nutrition and amino acid therapy plus of course I have an aversion of current treatment side effects and food additives.

Short and sweet sorry but really did want to say Hi and show my appreciation for what you are doing here, hope epilepsy isnt sucking too much for you today.

Much love
Sal x

Hi Sallieann, welcome to CWE!

I hope your efforts are helping educate the public at large about epilepsy. there seems to be a long way to go in that regard...

Best,
Nakamova

Back
Top Bottom