feeling angry crying no reason

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Oh good Occb!

I look forward to meeting your partner! I would love to talk to him and to share experiences with him. We will welcome him with open arms. Tell him I said so.

tam bam

I will definitely tell him tam bam!

Oh, seizingbeauty, he will laugh with you, I promise. The two of you will be able to relate over that for days. Years even ;)

woot, tell him to get his butt on here asap! i need another Canadian on here! lol

It may take some time -- he's a bit of a computernoob (in this day and age? I tells ya). But hopefully we can get him on to post at least once tonight *fingers crossed*

Wow , when I was in school people thought i was faking it too to get attention. My mom actually took me out of school for a year and the spells did stop but so did the stress i had from going to school. Of coarse when the spells stopped after being taken out of school everyone assumed everything was due to stress. They could be right but why am I so stressed i have no reason to be at all. I have a great family, a nice home, pets who I love. I had a panic attack that lasted three weeks and never stopped. They put me on meds and it didn't get better it got worse. I stopped all the meds and it finally stopped. this year I had a panic attack that lasted a week ,again nothing helped it just went away. The lexapro i take did seem to work on the panic attacks. when I feel one coming on my mind will race like I'll sing a song over and over in my head nothing seems to make any since.I'll start to try and tell my mind to stop and i will say abc or count to 10 or something.i then will get very paranoid think everyone is against me and is lieing to me. Then i will go through a period with no thoughts at all. during this time I cant talk, sometimes i cant move. i am very calm though its actually pretty peacefull.Then everything will start over again untill it finally stops . As i said this has lasted for up to three weeks straight.

Sound like my partner's issues -- although he hasn't been diagnosed as having FLE, we have a strong suspicion that might be what's going on with him.

When he was at his worst with panic attacks (all day, every day, for 6 months), it was during a time when he was put on one antidepressant after another, and instead of getting better, it all got worse. The only thing that helped him was clonazepam, which, it turns out, is an AED. Right now he has a limited prescription for xanax, which helps, but not nearly as well as the clonazepam.

Careful with the xanax, byt the way -- if you take them consistently for a few days, and then stop, you can induce seizures. So, everything in moderation.

Who knows what it could have been that set you off at school -- the stress, the lighting, the sounds of other kids, your diet. Sometimes it's just your body chemistry changing as you age, which may be the issue now too. There are so many things that could be at the root of these episodes/seizures.

Oh my every day for 6 months how horrible, I feel for your partner. I thought 3 weeks was bad. I've never taken xanex more than once a day and not even everyday. untill the other day i didn't take any for months. During the spells i'm not scared at all,confused but not scared. During what I call the panic attacks,well I explained that already.
Cint how would i find a epileptologist?

Three weeks is bad -- nobody should have to deal with that. No fear during a panic attack? That's definitely not what I understand panic attacks to be. Panic attacks are the body responding with a fear response to no known fearful stimulus. First the body reacts, then it influences the mind into a fearful state.

Your doctors are boobs. Is there an epilepsy association where you live, or in a town nearby? They could help you find an appropriate doctor, and help with research.

I have anxiety and panic, I as well cry sometimes, but I'm finding ways of dealing with this, as the Benzos I'm on need to go, the Klonopin is a big downer for me, the Valium I'm ok with.

Billy.

Oh just to note, yes coming off a Benzo is hard, do it slowly, throwing it down can result to a seizure.

Yes I told the doctors that during these spells I was not scared they pretty much just said they had no idea what was going on.i told them I know how I feel during a panic attack and this wasn't the same.Aww well at least I'm not alone in this.

I have Panic attacks, use to allot, had many.

I wonder if they are connected with Seizures?

Billy.:einstein:

Back
Top Bottom