Former NFL player dies in shower...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Cint

VIP
Supporter
Reaction score
A former Denver Broncos player dies home alone. He suffered from seizures since retiring. Demaryius Thomas was only 33 years of age.

So sad.

Yes, very sad. Folks in the NFL take a LOT of hits to the head...

Hi Cint,
I never realized he had seizures. I have the same problem as he did and often I would have seizures while
in the shower. My neuro told me the hot water was firing up the neurons and that is what would trigger a seizure.

I know Alan Faneca who used to play for the NY Jets and is now playing for the Arizonia Cardinals also has epilepsy
he's had it since he was a kid in his teens.

Thank for sharing the info and I wish you only the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

Hi Cint,
I never realized he had seizures. I have the same problem as he did and often I would have seizures while
in the shower. My neuro told me the hot water was firing up the neurons and that is what would trigger a seizure.

I know Alan Faneca who used to play for the NY Jets and is now playing for the Arizonia Cardinals also has epilepsy
he's had it since he was a kid in his teens.

Thank for sharing the info and I wish you only the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

D.T. didn't start having seizures until he retired from the NFL. Even so, 33 is too young.

I had my first tonic/clonic while stepping out of the shower, and when I fell I landed on the hot water lever and was lying in the tub. I suffered 1st and 2nd degree burns on my right arm and back. Was in the hospital for 2 months (back in 1980).

The shower (and kitchen) can be a dangerous place for those with E.

Back
Top Bottom