Getting rid of EEG glue

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

valeriedl

VIP
Supporter
Reaction score
I had a 48 hour take home EEG test and just got the things taken off my head. I've still got some glue stuck to my head and after I washed my hair it I looks like I've got dandruff. Is there a good thing to use to get rid of it? I haven't dried it with a hair dryer, I'm going to let it air dry.

Hi Val,

This may sound crazy but I took a toothbrush along with some hydrogen peroxide and sure enough that got the glue
out of my hair and it didn't bother the color of my hair at all. I just poured a little peroxide on the toothbrush and then
scrubbed the areas where the glue was and it came out really easy. I wish you the best of luck. I know that glue can
make your head itch like crazy.
Wishing you only the best and May God Bless You,

Sue

Someone told me to use Dawn dish soap and it worked. They said to leave conditioner on for a long while after too. So far so good, I don't notice any in my hair or on my face.

Infusium 23. Used it for years. Spray it on my hair or my brush, and it just slides right off onto the brush or into the sink. I have fairly long hair, fine thin hair, and I've always used it anyway to take out tangles after shampooing, found out that it takes that junk out of my hair at the same time. Highly recommend.

Thanks everyone. Luckily I didn't have too much trouble getting it out.

Back
Top Bottom