Guess What!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Pinkattitude

Stalwart
Reaction score
My main employer put me on Full-Time WITH BENEFITS!!!!!!!!!!! :woot:

This is amazing because regardless of my epilepsy, I'm going to likely cost the most to insure due to my age, my husband being over 65, and my one dependent child being under 18 :rock:

Don't have all the details for the insurance, yet, but we're sure to save a bunch of $$$ each month :banana:

This will help me pay off the bill from having my video-EEG this summer.

The down-side is I come home exhausted and can barely be on the computer without falling asleep. And, of course, I'm still working the second job I have (was trying to pull a full-time salary between the two jobs). It's a few hours a day except at Christmas, so for now it's doable.

So, I'll try to catch up on weekends!
:hugs:

Congrats! That's great about the insurance and I'm sure it takes a load off your mind. Plus the extra $ isn't too shabby either. :)

Congratulations, I am so happy for you. :)

And I am so glad in Holland we don't have an insurance system like yours in the USA. Every Dutch citizen has a basic health insurance for approx. the same costs, regardless of they do or don't have a job. One can choose several supplements but the basic health insurance is the same for everyone.

Awesome! Sounds like things are looking up on the financial front.

How's the other job (being grandma) going?
I found out the hawaiian word for "grandma" is "tutu".

You could be a pink tutu!

OMG you are amazing! I can't imagine working that much. What meds are you on if you don't mind me asking?

Let us know how your most important job as a grandmother is coming along.

:hugs:

Thank God! I just left 2 huge posts, neither of which took :(

I'll try again!

Mommymela: I'm also taking 150mg of Lamotrigine since my VEEG. So your question wasn't a silly one at all! I need to update my profile :)

Granddaughter: Well, she's just lovely! A great sleeper, a hearty eater, and she's growing by leaps and bounds right now. I'll try to pinch a picture from my daughter's cell phone to show you all!

I've got my granddaughter and her parents signed up for a class once a week at my school. So I get to see them and my granddaughter has many fans in my office. I've counted 4 faculty/staff at the school who have grandchildren at the school. It's an exclusive club! :D

Life is good!

Time flies fast!!

Congratulations!! Are you a teacher?

Not a teacher - that's my husband. I'm a numbers and database geek. Give me a database or a number problem, and I will work with it, tame it, do statistical analyses, and keep them orderly. Makes for right brained people sending things my way :) And I give them those documents that have to be perfectly crafted and properly worded.

Well, I'm making a living.... Not the highest paying jobs out there by far. But we're paying off bills. Now to save fore work on the house.....

That's great!! Most people cannot make a living anymore. Just minimum wage.

Bob is retired and I am on Medicare. We have a good health program from his job.

mommymela is all right. How is your family doing in North and South Carolina?

Hooray for mommymela! My family and friends are well, also. I have a friend who lives in Columbia SC which has been hit hard. She's been amazed by the way people have pulled together to help one another. Her house is safe, thankfully.

I am so glad that your family are all safe. Is your friend helping or needing help?

:hugs: to everyone who made it through the storm.

Back
Top Bottom