Hello!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Don't feel bad about calling. It's the one you don't call about that will be the one you should have called about. LOL I know you are supposed to call with any rash so you did the right thing. :)

I definitely want my seizures to stop, not just to drive, but for some reason the driving is the great motivator when the pills are not working and the side effects get me down.

My question is how likely it is that I would ever have another grand mail if I just chose to go without meds.

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

My question is how likely it is that I would ever have another grand mail if I just chose to go without meds.

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

I don't think anyone can say that you will or will never have another seizure if you don't take meds. Could you live with the consequences should you have an accident and hurt yourself or someone else, including possible prison time from driving when you know you have the possibility of having a seizure.

Hi Smiley! I don't know your real name ;). I am really doing this just to see if I can be helpful to my family and friends, but every single one of them has told me that they don't feel like I am a burden and they don't want me to hurt myself with these drugs just to see if I can drive. I might stop taking Keppra today because after my last dose I have been inceasantly itchy. My arms and my face are just burning. It's really lovely.

I feel the same way with my family and they tell me the same thing. I hate having to ask someone to take me somewhere. I know they are telling me the truth but I still hate having to do it.

You aren't going to hurt yourself by taking meds. I don't know how often or how bad your seizures are but by taking meds can reduce these things. If you're lucky it may even stop the seizures!

Don't feel bad or like a pain for calling a dr or pharmacy for help - That's what their there for, right?

I don't think anyone can say that you will or will never have another seizure if you don't take meds. Could you live with the consequences should you have an accident and hurt yourself or someone else, including possible prison time from driving when you know you have the possibility of having a seizure.

Don't worry. I don't have a license and I don't drive. ;)

I feel the same way with my family and they tell me the same thing. I hate having to ask someone to take me somewhere. I know they are telling me the truth but I still hate having to do it.

You aren't going to hurt yourself by taking meds. I don't know how often or how bad your seizures are but by taking meds can reduce these things. If you're lucky it may even stop the seizures!

Don't feel bad or like a pain for calling a dr or pharmacy for help - That's what their there for, right?

I have partial generalized epilepsy and have absence seizure multiple times per day. Some days more than others. I haven't had a grand mal since I was a child, but I've come to understand that they can reoccur later in life.

Back
Top Bottom