Help Terrible Headache Day Six!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

kristikay

New
Reaction score
I've had this terrible headache for six days now. It feels just like the headaches before I was diagnosed minus the slurring and drunk feeling. I have taken Ibuprofen every four hours it didn't work at all. Went to the GP ytd he said its a tension headache. I woke again this morning at 5 A.M. in tears. Nothings helps this pain, I disagree that its tension I don't think a tension headache lasts for six days. Do you all think this can be seizure related? I'm so unsure now that I'm on the Vimpat. I can't take this pain much longer......

Kristikay,

I'm so sorry you are going through all that pain. Do you think it might be a migraine? Does it feel like a cleaver in the top of your head, on one side? Are you sensitive to light, noise, etc.? Here's a link to types of headaches:

http://www.headaches.org/educational_modules/completeguide/differenttypes.html

Do you see a neurologist? He/she should be able to figure out what kind of headache it is and get you on the right meds.

Do you have insurance? If the headache gets TOO bad, go the emergency room. They'll give you a couple of shots and get you out of your misery.

Postictal headaches are very common. My migraines are postictal - always after a seizure. My record headache was two solid weeks. Usually they were every day, but on and off. Since my seizures are more or less under control, so are the migraines.

Hang in there. Will you let us know how you are doing?

Ouch, I rarely get headaches but when I do they're doozies. They still aren't as bad as yours sound.

My neurologist once told me that I could tell if a headache was a neurological headache if it was a constant pressure instead of a throbbing.

I don't think its a migraine light doesn't bother me. Yesterday it was more on the left, today its completly on the right from my eye all the way to the base of my skull.

It is constant pressure, its just worse at times ie early morning.

I called my neurologists office and they want me to come in this afternoon. We will see what he says. If he doesn't give me something that will help I'm going to the E.R. for a shot. I can't take it any more!

Magnesium helped with my reoccurring migraines. I haven't had one in over 5 yrs.

Any chance the headache is from medication?. I got headaches when I first went on Lamictal. Though I'm usually an ibuprofen person, Tylenol (acetaminophen) was the only thing that did the trick in this case.

Back
Top Bottom