Ignorance of Epilepsy in the United Kingdom!!!!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Right here in the rural middle of the USA - my husband tended to introduce me by saying, "This is my wife Nancy. She has fits."
If we were out somewhere eating dinner (that's rare) and I had a quiet partial complex, he'd happily yell, "Oh look! She's having a fit!!".
No matter how I begged it was always FIT and I was reminded that I had to learn to understand that something was wrong with my brain.
I've always hated the expression "fit".

Hi There

Thanks for your kind words, I should be out after 4 or 5 days, I think I was last time, I'll get straight in touch with you all when I get home, but I do so appreciate the fact that people are rooting for me, and have sent such kind messages, it so helps me to stay strong and focussed.

I hope all is well with you, and I'll be in touch with you soon.

Lotsalove

Elaine x

I remember using that term when my kids had a temper tantrum... do some folks think they are one and the same? Like when you don't get what you want you have a "fit"?

Silly word.

Good luck Elaine, we will be thinking about you.

Yeah Elaine!!

That really is an example of political correctness gone too far....I've never linked 'brainstorming' with seizures. Maybe I have a thick skin.

Tell them to find more useful ways of expending energy and money than 'thoughtshowers'. The term is really kind of wimpy.

I object to the term "brainstorm", but only because it is an overused manager-speak term, not because it has anything remotely to do with epilepsy.

Back
Top Bottom