Keppra

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

N Sperlo,
It's great that you are able to do that. Listening to music is a great stress release for me. I just put in my earphones and blast the music. I listen to heavy metal and classic rock. There's nothing like some Pink Floyd to mellow out to. I have a 24 yr. old daughter who has put my family and I through tremendous stress and heartache and she is only one of my causes of stress. It's been one crisis after another. I used to think am I going to wake up from this nightmare. Some of it seemed unbelievable. I love her more than anything, but I have had to accept that I have no control over her and accept her for who she is. She just won't listen to me, family, or her friends. I hope that some day she'll change. She has changed and grown some, but she's got a ways to go. I try not to get too emotional about her these days for my own physical and mental health. I've had to let go in a way. Don't get me wrong. I still see her and talk to her. But, I miss my little girl.

i feel for ya buddy. IDK if she is the one with E or you. But she reminds me of me.....

i am beyond nuts. One day i am moving to the coast to live and work in a small surf shop. Ive punched 5 holes in my walls at my house.

I go to my neuro and drive although i do not have a DL. I tell them that regardless of what my DL status is, i will drive. I love cars, have since i was 12.

I use to drag race, detail 12-36hr jobs that would cost 200-500 bux and i cant deal with it just being gone. I spent about 40k on a 95 camaro z28 over 10yrs. Id do it again if given the opportunity. No matter who or what or anyone tells me, i will do what i want....Live my life how i want.

Telling my 60-65 yr old parents i drive, going to sell my house and move to CA or FLA, jump off the bridge, etc makes them cry. But i continue to do it regardless.

Ive grown tired of living this way, i take 7 meds, soon to be 8 or 9. & anyone who is like me, should get off Keppra ASAP.

GL & im sorry to hear

Last edited:
gymrat827,

I'm the one with E and I went through epilepsy surgery last year. My daughter does not have E. I'm a 48 year old woman, but I remember the days when I was a rebellious teenager. My daughter's situation is different. Her boyfriend is no good for her. She has stolen from the family a number of times, got pregnant when she was a teenager and had an abortion, got pregnant again when she was 21 and gave the baby up for adoption b/c her and her boyfriend can't even take care of themselves. She got pregnant the second time b/c she spent the money that we gave her to buy birth control on other things. They didn't want to give the baby up for adoption, but they had no choice. I watched my grandson come into the world. He is two years old now. They both have serious issues. She rather sleep in a car or a tent with her boyfriend then sleep under a roof with her family. She's codependent when it comes to her boyfriend and just wants to take care of him. He has Asperger's, A.D.H.D., learning disabilities, and impulsive control disorder. They also have the special bond of having the baby together that was given up for adoption. My daughter has A.D.D. and learning disabilities, generalized anxiety disorder, panic disorder, phobias, and O.C.D. Raising her was very challenging, exhausting, and stressful. My daughter was always very strong-willed and oppositional. There were the days years ago when I'd have 20 complex partials in one day.

Back
Top Bottom