Lexepro

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

nic

New
Reaction score
I'm at the great stage of trying to find the right meds to stop my seizures. I've tried Keppra and am currently on Tegretol. I've gone from two or three seizures a day to one seizure every 48 hours or so. I've been on Lexepro in the past for depression and was unsure whether it works well for controlling seizures. Is anyone on Lexepro or could anyone give me some advice...please.. Thanks.

Hi nic and welcome!
I take Lexapro for mild depression/anxiety. It has no effect on my seizures. It has definitely helped with depression.
Good luck with your seizures. This is a great site with lots of information, great support and advice.
Again, welcome!

Cindy

I don't know about Lexapro but I know that Tegretol made me feel like I had lead weights attached to me feet and oatmeal for brains. For some other people it works great. Good luck in your search for what works for you.

I'm now on 300mg of Tegretol twice a day. I'm having no side effects but still having daily seizures......

600 mg a day of tegretol is not a super high dosage. I was on tegretol for many many years and it was a very good med for me for a long time. When my seizures were very active, I was on 800 mgs a day, which wasn't super high itself I don't think--but your dosage depends on how quickly you metabolize the drug and it is individual to each person. This isn't to say it is for sure the right drug for you, but your doctor may still be working to find the right dosage before concluding it won't work.

I agree with lindsaychu2. I was on 1000 mg per day when I was taking it as monotherapy. Since the best treatment is the lowest dose necessary to control seizures, your doctor may be still working on finding the best dose for you. Keep a seizure diary so you can share this with your neurologist.

Back
Top Bottom