looking for help please

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Im so sorry. All I can add is when my daughter was on 1000 keppra only, she had really bad thoughts. So bad I demanded her DR do something. We lowered her to 750 and the horrible thoughts stopped. SHe had never had thoughts like that before or after.

I wish you well.
joan*

Im so sorry. All I can add is when my daughter was on 1000 keppra only, she had really bad thoughts. So bad I demanded her DR do something. We lowered her to 750 and the horrible thoughts stopped. SHe had never had thoughts like that before or after.

I wish you well.
joan*
Thank you all for your replys to thread ..its becoming more clearer now i think it is Keppra that has changed her it has all happened since she has been on then ..she will be down to 500mg soon ..sad when she knows she is saying somethings bad and doesnt no why she is saying it ..she is also having nightmares just now ..thank you every one,has been very helpfull coming on here ..katie x

On the 60 minutes, I watched it and recorded it on DVD. It is really good. I put the link in the library room. Epileric put News on it. I also put the link in The Creative Writing Page under Social Groups.

Hi whisper, welcome to CWE. Bernard made this forum out of love for his wife Stacy. That love has permeated through all of CWE.

I am on Keppra. I am on 2000 mg. I was on more, but it was making me sleep to much.I feel better now. I have trouble doing housework. Just let her do what she is able to. I have 2 caregivers, my husband and my son. They do most of the housework. I do what I can. Your daughter cannot do to much since she has been hearing things.

When my neurologist first put me on Keppra, he told me to take Vitamin B Complex every day. I have been doing that. Put her on the vitamin until she is completely off of it.

Glad to meet you!! Ruth

Managed care is what it is. We all have to be our own advocate, or for those loved ones who are affected by E. A doctor writes a script, or does surgery. The rest is up to us to try to be in charge. It does become complicated when self awareness gets mired in the epileptic brain. I do know that my moods are affected, and my thinking patterns. Controlling it is a whole other issue. I still think even after all these years my family does not grasp the magnitude of my E. When I can not remember something, which is frequently, they still ask "don't you remember?" I just say no, but want to say - hell no my E. brain washed it away!! I apologize for my bad moods, just like everyone else needs to. No, this is not a one size fits all condition. At the ripe old age of 52, after over 40 years of hosting E. as my default setting, I can take care of myself and forgive myself for being less than perfect. :banana:

Hi gigi,

Welcome to CWE. This forum was made out of love by Bernard for his wife Stacy.

You are right we are all different. That is why we are here. None of us are perfect. Me, for certain. It helps me to join in The Creative Writing Page in the Social Groups. There are several other's to join.

I forget a lot. My memory is bad.

Whisper

Vitamin B Complex is good for E patients, especially those on Keppra, because of the way Keppra affects the moods. Quite often seizure meds will deplete B vitamins as well, so it does not hurt to take it. I'm sooo sorry you're going through this with her. Hopefully it will get better very soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am on Vitamin B Complex. My neurologist told me to when he started me on Keppra.

MY Daughter is back in hospital after taking another seizure..she is now withdrawn form the Keppra..and still after this seziure she still has had paranoid thoughts in hospital..but have noticed after a few days she is becoming alot clearer in conversation...last time it took a week ,for her to come too make sense.... but still think she was a bit para while being weaned of keppra......they are thinking giving her another head scan ..do any of you think maybe because she might have keppra in her system she is still behaving like this after a seizure .. ..thankyou

Hi whisper, Glad to meet you. This forum was made out of love by Bernard for his wife Stacy. That love has grown.

I am on Keppra. It is keeping my seizures under control. It takes a while for any medicine you get off of to get out of your system. I hope your daughter gets better.

That would explain my anxiety attacks and my paranoia, recently. Thank you very much for the information. I will ask my pharmacist about it. A pharmacist knows more about medications than a doctor.

It depends

on the various drugs how long the side effects will last in each person's body. Every drug, no matter if it's an AED or not, has something called a half-life. Basically, that simply tells you the length of the drug's life within the body.

So, if Drug A has--once you're titrated on correctly--a half life of 48 hours, then it will be 48 hours from the last time you took a full dose of the Drug A before your body starts to notice any reduction in side effects.

Likewise, if Drug B has a half life of 8 hours, then your body will notice reduction in 8 hours.

Granted, that's a VERY simplistic explanation, but it'll do.

So yes, it's highly likely that your daughter is probably still acting a bit paranoid from coming off the Keppra, and still having some of it in her system. Give her some time....

Back
Top Bottom