My Mom is really sick and went to ER..

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hey Guys..Just having a sad time here right now. My Mom is really sick with interstitial lung disease aka pulmonary fibrosis. She has been terribly ill. This afternoon my sisters took her to the er. She will be 81 in Oct. I just hate for her to suffer and would appreciate your prayers for her..just to be comforted,breathe easier and not suffer. I just always know the more people that pray..God always listens. I know she will not miraculously get better, but just to not suffer is my prayer for her. My Dad is frail now too with Parkinsons. It is very sad to see your parents age and start failing. Thanks for your prayers for my Mom!

Michelle

I will be saying prayers here in California for all of you.
I agree, it isn't fun to watch your loved ones suffer.

Give yourself a hug Michelle.

Thank you so much Robin! She is at the hospital and they think her heart is much worse than before. I am really thankful she is there. It is not good news..but I hope they can help her and at least keep her comfortable. I appreciate your prayers and note so much!!

Michelle

Sorry to hear your report Michelle. Comfort is so important at this time.
Are you near the hospital? I was able to spend the last two weeks with my dad. Being able to wet his lips was very special. He had parkinsons too, so I know how difficult that disorder can be.

Light a candle, I did.

Much prayers and thoughts abides
for all of you and especially your
mom!

((((((( hugs ))))))))

:rose: :rose: :rose:

Thank you all so much!! Her vitals are stable now and she is resting because they gave her a morphine shot so her heartrate really came down nicely also. My two sisters are with her right now..and one is a nurse also.
My brother-n-law is a pharmacist and is hopeful that maybe they'll give her meds to help if it due to more blockages. Don't know that she could handle surgery. We will wait to hear more from the Doctor..maybe this is a blessing in disguise. She got to the hospital where she needs to be right now. I know her ekg was terrible though. I truly appreciate all the kind thoughts and prayers!!

Michelle

f342314a.gif

Best wishes for your mother! :noevil:

Thank you SOOOOO Much! Good news!

Hey Guys!

My Mom had her heart cath. and it went very well. It is not from her heart. She still has the blockage from the last cath, but nothing else has changed and the cardiologist turned it all over to the Pulmonary Dr. My Dad was so relieved... as we all were!! I just want to say thank you to all of you for all of the prayers and well wishes. God surely listened! And it helped me through all the worry! I am so relieved..and now hopefully the Drs. can just find some relief for her lungs and severe coughing from the pulmonary fibrosis.

Thanks again to everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Michelle

(((Michelle)))

We're still here for you Michelle. Several of us have been through this with our parents and it is not easy. I just had my Mother to the Oncologist yesterday and they told us they want to do follow up chemo. Mom just broke down, she came through the mastectomy great, but is just not ready for any more emotionally.

Just keep leaning on each other. I am thankful I have had Mom for 75 years, Dad passed away at 68. I still miss him everyday. It might be because I am so much like him.

Keep looking up!!!

Hi Buckeye,
Buckeye,
I will pray for your Mom too. I hope she finds her inner strength.She is probably so worn out and tired of everything right now. I think sometimes the initial shock and worry of things is the hardest part. My Mom apparently said in the middle of the night that she did not want another heart cath..(Her Mom died during one and it always scares her so much) But it was really a blessing..because now they know it isn't her heart causing the problem. Having your parents get old is not easy. I am the youngest of 7 kids and I've always felt sort of like I had so much less time with my parents. My Dad will be 83 In Oct. and my Mom will be 81 in Oct. Tell your Mom that so many people are praying for her too...even people she doesn't know!! : )) Each day is truly a gift isn't it? And our memories stay with us forever! Thank you for your note! I know all the prayers really helped and I will do the same for your Mom!!

Michelle : ))

Thank you so much Moose!! Her heart test came out better than expected and she did well. Now they need to figure out what to do with the lung trouble. I am so thankful for all the prayers. I know they really are helping her!!

Michelle : )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom