Need your input RE: Dr prescribing a medication

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Thanks, I am kind of going from better to worse. Sometimes during the day I will get sleepy, achy and my chest starts to hurt all over. Then after I take some pain relief, it helps with the pain in my chest and I want to get up and at least walk around instead of being in bed all day.

I get up tomorrow at 7am to get the two older kids ready for school. My husband is staying home tomorrow, so he will be taking the kids to school, and at 8am, the drs office opens, so I will be calling to set up a time tomorrow to be seen. Im praying that Im getting better. I sure hate the feeling of this.

Let us know how it goes. I hope the doc is helpful and you can feel better soon.

Well, I went in at 1pm today for a follow up with the dr.

He looked at me and said listening to my chest, you wouldnt think I have pneumonia. But looking at the blood results for the ER, it def says I have it.

He said to continue taking the rest of the medication which I got wednesday, the one he recommended. I only have two days left of it. Then after thats all gone, to take a day or two off, and start the medication he gave me for my ears on monday when i saw him. The ER dr told me it wouldnt do me no good. But my dr thinks after taking the medication for the pneumonia, which even though I only take it for 5 days, it stays in my system for 10 days. Thats why he says I can take a break and then start the other ones he had told me to take on monday, it will help with my ears, cough and any viral infections along the way.

Other than that, I have to drink lots of water, fluids, as for food, he said the best foods are like chicken noodle soup with has lots of protien and carbs. He saw I lost 10 lbs in the last 4 days since I last saw him. He knew something was going on. I have to take the next two weeks and rest as much as I can. I can get up, walk around the house, watch tv, etc. Just not do the household duties I normally do. Bending down and picking things up from the floor, like toys, etc, thats not good to do because I have the fluids in my lungs and it doesnt feel good. Plus it will cause pain, etc.

So, in the meantime, im stuck at home. He said some people can resume activities after a couple of weeks, and some need more time. But he feels with me taking the extra medication after Im done with this one, will help out alot.

Well that sounds promising. And chicken soup really is great. I hope you can relax over the weekend and get your strength and appetite back.

Me too! My husband returns to work tomorrow, and sunday. He has monday and tuesday off... so he had a 5 day weekend this week! (well alittle...LOL)

Since the kids dont have school, I dont have to drag them out in the cold weather and take them myself to school. And thats one thing the dr said not to do for two weeks, is to stay inside and not breath in this cold air. Its going to be hard not to want to get out of here, but all I would need to do is remember the pain I was in when I went to the ER and that should pretty much tell me to stay put! LOL

Ive been using that inhalor and its kind of bringing on some pain in my chest... maybe I just need to get use to it. Im hoping to get my appetite back too! :)

Back
Top Bottom