Neuropsych Evaluation

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Randy --

I was a bit wary of who might get to see my test results, but I double-checked -- it's just me and my neurologist, no-one else. And I'm self-employed -- it's okay if my boss sees them :) It sucks that your employers used them against you -- there should definitely be legal protections/right to privacy laws that prevent that sort of abuse from happening.

Hi s10sleeper -- did you find that your test results have changed significantly from one to the other?

Oh yeah, I remember they wanted me to have one of these at Mayo when I was there. They acted as if this was a standard thing in their neurology department there. Yes, I remember them telling me it was 3 hours long and that they would just talk to me to see how I am coping with my health. I thought well how do think I am coping you idiots? You can't seem to figure out what the heck is wrong with me. Anyway, I never did go so I couldn't be much help there but I wouldn't worry they made it out to me like it was no big deal at all and that you are there to just talk.

tam bam

Randy,

That really stinks that they were able to hold that against you. With it being the Government of Canada and with the way that medical is handled in Canada, from what I have learned, in may be a little different than here in the U.S. Here in the U.S. with the ADA and everything else, businesses have to be as accomodating as possible and mind their P's and Q's. The most they have ever been able to do to me as far as requesting info is to have the doctor fill out a work release and request an ADA accomodation form. HR is very careful due to the large number of employees with my company.

Nakamova,

As far as my tests have gone, there hasn't been a huge difference, although now that I think back, I had to do the test years ago and was faster at it then. I know my focal points in the hippocampi region and left temporal lobe have affected my memory some though, which really hurts, I used to have photographic memory, was able to remember over 15 numbers, even reciting backwards, now I can only do about 12. Still not too bad though, the doctors are always impressed at that.

Back
Top Bottom