New Dilantin

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

crlarne

New
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help. I have spent today reading about the new Dilantin. There are a lot of us out there that is having bad side effects from this medication. Only one person is doing ok on it, but he has been on it 5 weeks, and I bet he will have problems.
Why don't we all write Pfizer and demand they use the formular that Davis used, let them know how this is effecting all of us. Also contact the FDA, and our congressman. I did contact FDA and plan to do the rest. There is power in numbers.
Will be back with the information

I didn't realize the new dilantin was from a different drug company. All of their literature claimed it was the same thing.

I take Phenytek (time released dilantin/phenytoin) and am not aware of any changes to that. If the new dilantin continues to give you problems, ask your neuro about the phenytek. I switched from dilantin to phenytek with no additional side effects in the fall of 2003.

Please keep us up to date on anything you find.

Also - welcome to CWE

:cheers:

thanks, will do. I am going to the doctor and maybe I will get something done.

Back
Top Bottom