Olfactory auras: How long do your bad smells last per episode??

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Mine are very fleeting. A burning rubber smell or that of cigarettes. Never do they last more then a minute..

Hi k2s4ever
Just wondering if this was ever resolved?
I'm having similar issues tho my phantom smells are quick and come and go very randomly. Either singulary or in clusters, sometimes for up to 3-4 days.
I was trialed on Epilim as possible simple partial seizures, but now they think migrane with aura?? the neuro said he was uncertain about the olfactory hullucinations, except for not fitting classic pattern dejavu etc..? Other symptoms he was quite certain of not being epilepsy :) (tingling/numbness etc) Also he said my smell symptoms do not fit classic seizure patterns. I have stopped Epilim and just started Topamax :) Did the Topamax end up being effective? Cheers, Stace:)

I have very inconsistent vision. Things are blurry a good deal of the time, and then sometimes things get clear. I have nearly constant frontal lobe headaches, which I have thought is due to inflamation due to my MD. I have migraines from time to time, but my headaches have grown worse over time. I also have partial constriction of my internal coratid arteries, which I have thought may be contributing to my tinnitus, and which sometimes lead to seizures upon standing up.

Hi Michael
Is your blurry vision due to your migranes? I suffer from a lot of vision issues, and have even had to stop wearing my glasses, except for when l drive at night or need to see for very long distances...... My eyes hurt and l get blurry spots or it seems like my eye clouds over (always left eye/left sided symptoms), it last from a few seconds to a few minutes. Comes and goes randomly.
Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom