Partial seizures or not?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Aaleayha

New
Reaction score
So I have seizures due to my neck. I take Lyrica (50 mg 3x daily). But lately I've been having more issues and I don't know if they are partial seizures or if it's a really bad side affect to my medicine.

I've been having trouble doing daily activities. Lets say I go into the kitchen for a glass of water. When i walk into the kitchen, my mind just goes blank. I'll open the pantry (which has nothing but canned goods) and just stare. Then when I snap out of it, I'll have forgotten what I even came into the kitchen.

My speach is getting bad. When I'm talking, I'll just stop. Or the words will come out all garbled, you can't make any sense of them. Sometimes I can't get the words out of my mouth. I'll know the word but everything BUT that word will come out. I'll say sentences backwards. I get so frustrated at times, then I just HAVE to stop talking so I don't go into a fit of rage. Other times, I might say things right but I don't understand what I'm saying, like my words don't make sense to me.

Also, I've been having dreams about having a seizure and then I'll wake up to me covered in sweat and weak.

What do you all think? Possible partial seizures or bad side affects of my meds?

Speech and cognitive problems are known side effects of Lyrica, so it's hard to tell whether the meds or the seizures are at fault. Has your dose changed over time? Have you noticed any correlation between your symptoms and your dose? Are there any other medications you are taking that may be interacting with the Lyrica?

Not really. It got lowered about a month ago from 75 MG to 50 MG. It wasn't as bad, I suppose, when I was on the 75 MG. Mostly just some verbal speech problems, but nothing like this. Now I seem to have more problems and more seizures and auras on the 50 MG.

I've been taking Zoloft way before starting Lyrica, I haven't had any kind of interactions with them since starting the Lyrica.

My speach is getting bad. When I'm talking, I'll just stop. Or the words will come out all garbled, you can't make any sense of them. Sometimes I can't get the words out of my mouth. I'll know the word but everything BUT that word will come out.

This happens to me alot when I have seizures. I'll be talking or answering questions that people are asking me, I know exactally what I'm saying but that isn't even close to what's coming out of my mouth.

I have trouble thinking of words all the time, I don't think I'm having a seizure then though. I can describe what ever it is but I never know what it's called. For example - the cold thing that you put the food in. I've got meat, vegtables and milk in it. Can't think of the word refrigerator for the life of me!

I don't think I've been on Zoloft and or Lyrica so I don't know if that could have something to do with it or not.

You sound just like me, but I'm on Lamictal.

***hugs***

thanks everyone ( maybe my pharmacy reps are sneaking in Lamictal . XD )

This happens to me alot when I have seizures. I'll be talking or answering questions that people are asking me, I know exactally what I'm saying but that isn't even close to what's coming out of my mouth.

I have trouble thinking of words all the time, I don't think I'm having a seizure then though. I can describe what ever it is but I never know what it's called. For example - the cold thing that you put the food in. I've got meat, vegtables and milk in it. Can't think of the word refrigerator for the life of me!

I don't think I've been on Zoloft and or Lyrica so I don't know if that could have something to do with it or not.

Yeah, see that's what happens to me, along with saying things correctly but the meaning seems to ...disappear into a black hole. It sounds like a bunch of babble to me... so you'll catch me saying things twice.

And perhaps it isn't the medicine. If it happens to you as well.... and your not on Lyrica, then they have to have another root.

Back
Top Bottom