Question about stopping Keppra XR

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I have had it brand name medically necessary and dispensed as written because if the prescription is brand name medically necessary but not dispensed as written, insurance still only wants to fill it as the generic. And the dispensed as written code is where I am getting this outrageous penalty. It is terrible - we pay so much for insurance. My insurance company is a trust fund for electric coops and therefore not subject to state laws like petitioning to the attorney general about these sorts of problems. My insurance also contracted with a third party company to fill prescriptions and the appeals department is through another third party and my HR administrator and I have been on the phone on hold retelling our story and trying to get answers since October and have gotten the wrong information time and time again. It's like no one cares that the generics don't even control my seizures as well as the name brand AND give me terrible side effects. It's all about the $$ to them. But I can't get my own insurance because I have this preexisting condition ... blah I'm so over it.

Thats terriable that they are making you pay that amount for a medication you need! Yeah when it comes to insurance rates, they are rediculous! My husband has always had insurance for the whole family, and over the years, it has gone up so much, were paying more for health insurance than we are for our mortgage! Its pathetic!

I have been on Keppra XR 375mg for 18 days (one 750mg split).
Since this is such a low dose.....do you think I could just stop it?

I have been having severe migraines, just about everyday since starting it, as well as allergic reaction too.

having been put on keppra resulted in what I can say is the worst seizure period I've ever experienced. mindblowing and debilitating migraine, trip to the ER that has haunted me since, and trying to stabilize my body again after being given morphine at the ER and while being immediately taken off of the keppra. Now there's a joyride.

Good for you for trying to get off of it. I don't trust it at all. But don't do anything like that without your neurologist's help. Neurologists offer nothing but help, especially when mine threw me onto Keppra within the first two minutes of my meeting her.

can you sense I have lingering bitterness?

Back
Top Bottom