Silly Tegretol

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Robin - your posting is very true ... however ....

I think overall the drugs are nasty. The side effects are just not acceptable to me.

Robin: I don't think there is ANY AED out
there that DOESN'T come with ANY side effects ......

Y
E
T

* sigh *

If there was one ... we would all be on it!

This Moderator needs a Ladder!

I am a little over 5'8" and I weigh 154 pounds.

DANG GIRL!

I be looking up to YOU even with my
step-stool you would tower over me!
:embarrassed:

I'm only 5'3!

:(

Ok there in lies the difference in dose.
You are model height.

hello im kellie im 27 and have been on tegretol since i was 7, im quite the same as you, one minute im in the best of moods and the next im crying and depressed it doesnt make sense and the side effects from the tablets are awful it does make you feel like you are pissed and then your eyes start rolling and its horrible innit.
But why does your doctor make you take them 3 times a day instead of twice a day coz thats the first ive heard of three times a day. what type of fits do you have? I suffer from grand mal and petite mal but the grand mal is more under control (thank god) my seizures are stress related so im trying to keep my stress down which aint easy lol.

tegretol

I'm on carbamazepine generic for tegretol. 200 once per day. Supposed to be 200 twice but I refuse. I got a new manufacturer and with it came a list of side effects and adverse effeccts. None of the things on that huge list was ever told to me. That makes me very angry. I did side research on this and never did those things become revieled. The first thing is that it effects hormonal birth control to be less effective. You would think that would the first thing out of thier mouth, but nope. It can cuse skin infections that people have died from. Liver enzymes can increase to the point of liver failure. I think I will start a new thread to cover the rest so if you'd like just look for it.

Back
Top Bottom