Starting my 48 hour EEG

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

valeriedl

VIP
Supporter
Reaction score
I got home form the hospital a little while ago all hooked up to my 48 hour EEG. This is the first time I've ever had this done. I know I have seizures in my sleep, I've woke up on the floor before. But I don't know what all types I might be having and how often I'm having them. My seizures seem to be coming in clusters now, usually once a month, and I just had a whole bunch last week. So who if this going to show anything. It's probably the only time I'm going to say I hope I have a seizure.

Hi Val,
Good luck with the EEG I had one that lasted for at least a week if not longer but that's when the drilled
the holes in my head and put the electrodes in 7 different areas of my brain to pinpoint the area that was
triggering my seizures. If you know of any food or beverage that triggers seizures then be sure to eat or drink
them. This is what my neuro had me do. They also had me on camera around the clock so they could see the
seizures and I would have them 1-2 hrs. before I woke up each day. Then I was put on vimpat and that type
of seizure stopped but I still have my absence and complex partial seizures and just this month I had a lot of
seizure but in Feb. I didn't have a single seizure. I've noticed where I will have 1-2 months where I don't have
any seizures then I will have 1-2 months where I have more than usual.
Be sure you have some peroxide to clean your hair out, that's what I had to use since the electrodes were
on my head so long.
Wishing You only the best of luck and May God Bless You,

Sue

Wow! How does this work? Is there a device you're wifi'd to that's collecting information? I've only had one where I was in the hospital for 5 day. Going home and doing your "normal" things seems like a much smarter way to do this. So, I'm curious how it works.

Oh, and when I was in the hospital, saying, "I hope I have a seizure" was real. My biggest fear was that they wouldn't find anything! Weird of me.

I guess this is good but I had a seizure!

Wow! How does this work? Is there a device you're wifi'd to that's collecting information? I've only had one where I was in the hospital for 5 day. Going home and doing your "normal" things seems like a much smarter way to do this. So, I'm curious how it works.

Oh, and when I was in the hospital, saying, "I hope I have a seizure" was real. My biggest fear was that they wouldn't find anything! Weird of me.

It's like the EEG that you would get in the hospital but you do it at home. The sensors are stuck to your head and it is hooked up to a portable device, about the size of a small purse, that recorders what happens in your brain when you have a seizure. You don't have to lay in bed, you can do almost anything you want to.

It's all over now, don't have to wear it anymore and got to take a shower. Long wait for results, they said it could be up to 3 weeks!

I finally got the results. I had two seizures while I was wearing it. One that I knew I had another when I was asleep. They aren't going to make any changes to my meds.

In the message from the dr it said that I have 'Frequent seizure tendency from both sides brain in between seizures' Does anyone know what that means?

Sounds to me (I'm not a professional!) as if there isn't a single origin for your seizure activity - they see activity originating all over.

Glad you heard back.
I said, yeah, yeah (yeah, yeah)
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
The waiting is the hardest part šŸ˜—

Sounds to me (I'm not a professional!) as if there isn't a single origin for your seizure activity - they see activity originating all over.
That's what it sounded like to me too. I just wish she would have called instead of sending a message to explain it a little better. I shouldn't complain too much though because at least I got the results. I might give her a call next week.

Thanks everyone!

Back
Top Bottom