Strange feeling

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

horsehead

New
Reaction score
Just had a very strange feeling like a shock in my head. Then a weird smell. cant even descibe that. Had a seizure this morning bad one I think .husband had me on my side and I couldn't breath right when i woke up. So whats this shock thing any idea? new med still isn't at the pharmacy.

At the start of a simple partial, I would havea "shock" feeling. It was more like the feeling of my neck whipping my head from my chest to steaight up (without that actually happening). Sound similar? That along with smells makes me think simple-partial. What do you think?

it was sorta by my neck yea . I'm not really sure if my head moved. kinda confused. I'll have to get back to you on this forgetting what i'm doing

reread your post for some reason i couldn't understand it earlier. but what you wrote seems lie what happened

When that happens to me, I call the doc to even out my medicine. It would sometimes be followed by dizziness, shakiness, slurred speech, etc.
In your case, I think it would be safe to call it a simple-partial.

only taking klonipin right now still waiting on meds.klonipin doesn't seem to be working at all for me anymore

I would get that shock feeling and smell before a seizure too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So it sounds like you are having partials and your profile says you still haven't officially been diagnosed. Is that up to date? I read most posts on here, but can't keep up. In addition to talking to people here, I'm on a racing forum, and deal with hundreds of people at work. :)

I was dxed with epilepsy around age 14. then after a veeg the neuros said I had psedo seizures and took me off meds. I'm sure you saw that already. The neuro I'm seeing now says he believes I have classic seizures. Meaning I think that what my husband explained to him sounded like regular seizures and not pseudo seizures. I've had lots of different types of seizures everything from tc seizures to simple rapid eye blinking that I cant control. So honestly I dont know.

Are you talking like a sound almost like a "whip cracking" inside your head? Kind of like a tiny explosion? I've gotten that followed by like a campfire like smell. I thought tiny blood vessels in my brain were popping, you mean it's a real thing? I have always had the campfire smell before a migraine, but the aura I get prior toi a seizure is that out of body thing followed by red and blue lights in the center of my visiual field. That's when I know to sit down. But are you saying you "hear" a cracking sound "in" head or your neck cracks?

honestly I'm not sure it wa so weird I cant really describe it. Maybe I'll be able to if it happens again. It was near my neck towards the back of my head but not my neck itself

Back
Top Bottom