Topamax

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I take 150 ....100 at night and 50 in the morning what i feel the most is the memory loss and trying to find the right words at times... does anyone have that problem?

"Dopamax" is known to cause cognitive and memory issues. I haven't tried the med myself, but a lot of CWE folks have reported similar side effects with it.

Rachel M - my daughter has been on Topirmate for about 7 months. The Neuro started her out slow - and had her up to 75mg a day. She is 7 years old and is about 44 inches tall and only 39 pounds. We are not sure if it is making her lose weight, but we have been struggling to keep some weight on her for sure. She has aura's which the Topirmate was not helping. So the doctor lowered her dose to 30mg a day and then we recently just added Keppra. I feel like Topirmate is good for her. She does seem to be slightly hyper on the meds, but other than that, no complaints, except it doesn't help her auras.

I saw my neuro last week and as predicted he strongly suggested that I come off the topamax and start on epilim. I refused, simply because I don't see a reason to change. I haven't had a single de ja vu moment or seizure since being on topamax so until I know for a fact that its not working I don't want to go through all the upheaval of changing drugs. He said there was no way that such a low dose could be working, but I feel quite strongly about this so I guess time will tell!

Back
Top Bottom