Vimpat fyi

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Paradise Survivor, I have been on Vimpat for 11 months now. I take 100mg 3x's a day very 8 hours. I did have the problem of sleeping at night and my neuro put me on a mild sleeping pill which works great. I have had a weight gain and have talked to both my GP and Neuro but we are not doing anything yet because I am having very bad gastro issues at this time and they want me to get them taken care of first. Who knows it could be whats causing the weight gain.
I do have another issue that has started the past few weeks and I dont know if its the meds causing it or what. When I type its either my fingures are going faster then my brian or the other way around, it comes out all screwed up with letters in the wrong places or letters added. And sometimes when I am talking a world will come out of my mouth that no one understands and it takes me a second to realize what I said and its like, "What"? When my husband is around he is having to translate for me . Just like now I have had to go back and correct half of this paragraph. it doesnt make a diffrence if i type slower or faster it still happens. Its fustrating at times but then I laugh at others because some of the word are to funny. Believe me I spell check then reread everything at work at least 5 times.

Hey the Vimpat is working better then any of the other meds I have taken and the side effects are livable. All the others meds I have been on were so much worse I do not want to go through them again.

Sad but true for me as well! Livable might be over stating a bit...those crashes are rough! My poor husband walks on eggshells.

Thank you very much for the information. I am just going to start on it and you have been very helpful.

Back
Top Bottom