What are non-specific seizures?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Thanks Rae and Daisy,
I had them yesterday and it seemed to move from my right arm to the left and a few times through the day. Ah yet, another new experience!:rock:

Jan,

Loss of consciousness while walking, talking, writing, etc. is a type of complex partial. I have them, but tend to do really nutty stuff while unconcious, like say really crazy stuff, take my cloths off, go outside in the pouring rain without shoes or coat, etc.

I also have jamais vu, and smell weird stuff. Those are types of simple partial seizures. I've never heard voices, but lots of people do. It's a type of simple partial.

Frustrating when all this happens when you get home from the EEG. Darn. Why can't we do this stuff when at the doctors?

I have frequent deja vu. I didn't know what jamais vu was until I looked it up, and I have that as well. I am learning so much here. I had no idea that any of these things were linked to seizures. Very interesting.

I have frequent deja vu. I didn't know what jamais vu was until I looked it up, and I have that as well. I am learning so much here. I had no idea that any of these things were linked to seizures. Very interesting.

Yes, it's possible. And it's also possible that people who don't have a seizure condition also get deja vu and migranes and a muscle twitch. If you look at anything long, hard, and close enough, you will start to find errors, imperfections, dents, mistakes and so on.

The same goes for a the human body and the brain. Once you start over analyzing every little headache, migraine, twitch, deja-vu, eye movement and conciously trying to make an association and connection with your seizure condition, in my opinion, you are going down a long road which will lead to nowhere but stresses over minute details. The stressing will cause you more harm than the seizure condition and meds.

It goes back to the ancient story of the 500 year old tree. The huge tree lived for 500 years and withstood rains, storms, floods, earth quakes.. then one day, an army of beetles attacked the tree, each beetle the size of a fingertip, and they started eating away at the huge tree little tiny bite by bite, until they brought the 500 year old tree down to the ground.

Try to not let the little things eat away at you.

:ponder:

Last edited:
Idiopathic seizures are the ones where they can't understand why its happening and don't see a physical cause or they don't know where it might be in the brain.
Non-specific seizures, to me, sound like seizures they can't identify or am not sure what exact type it would be- or look like some other kind.
I doubt it means pseudo-seizures.

You might ask your neuro what it means
Take care
Crystal

Idiopathic seizures are the ones where they can't understand why its happening and don't see a physical cause or they don't know where it might be in the brain.
Non-specific seizures, to me, sound like seizures they can't identify or am not sure what exact type it would be- or look like some other kind.
I doubt it means pseudo-seizures.

You might ask your neuro what it means
Take care
Crystal

Thanks Crystal..

What I know so far is that my EEG is abnormal (3 EEGs 1 normal) and she said its not epilepsy. It may be caused by the MS lesions. I'll see my epi Aug 23rd and will be able to understand more then.

Back
Top Bottom