What to take for allergies

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Emee

Stalwart
Reaction score
I'm back again at the beginning of allergy season trying to fine something to relieve itchy eyes & stuffy nose. I'm tired of bundling up in mask & clothing everytime I go outside. Anyone have new ideas this year what to take that might not cause problems? Thanks.

As far as potential interactions between allergy meds and epilepsy meds, your pharmacist would be the one to ask. I don't take epilepsy meds (my wife does) so I'm taking my local supermarket's generic version of 24 hour Claritin and it is barely helping me. My wife thankfully doesn't suffer the allergies as much as I do.

I agree. Pharmacists will know which allergy medication is most effective with our AEDs--they study TONS of chemistry.

I'm back again at the beginning of allergy season trying to fine something to relieve itchy eyes & stuffy nose. I'm tired of bundling up in mask & clothing everytime I go outside. Anyone have new ideas this year what to take that might not cause problems? Thanks.
No first generation anti histamine aka benadryl chlorpeniramine etc. Definitely ask a pharmicist.

Also - since my bacterial meningitis of my brain was caused by chronic sinusitis
an otolarngoloist who did came in right after the neurosurgeon did my craniotomy- neilmed sinus rinse with a 1/4 teaspoon of white vinger. I saw him for 2 years after my surgery. The organisms that caused all this were pseudomonas and MRSA. After 2 years of this my nasal passages were clear. I got allergy injections for 5 years for dust mite allergy and 13 arms of my immune system were deficient so I had vaccines, prevnar 13 and 20 among others. I learned to clean differently use a hepa vacuum and I have a hepa filter running 24/7. I still use the neilmed sinus rinse ayr nasal spray. I was very strict with myself to follow all health care providers advice. All said in 2017 you can get a dog. That was my first dog. My dogs now are short haired very spoiled and bathed at least weekly. I use now triamcinolone nasal spray and occasionally add 2.5 mg ceterizine. By the way the neilmed sinus rinse reduces the covid viral load. I had some chemical sensitivity issues too. I try to use limited ingredient personal care products, I clean with vinegar and hydrogen peroxide. Sorry if this is TMI. This worked for me.

Thanks everyone. Not TMI I already do some of the nasal rinse & air filters.

Back
Top Bottom