What's a good two player game

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

valeriedl

VIP
Supporter
Reaction score
My boyfriend and I play checkers all the time. We're trying to find another two player game. Something other than chess and it doesn't take a long time to play. Any suggestions?

Dominos (mexican train etc.)

Uno (card game)

Jigsaw puzzles (not a game per se, but nice activity to do together)

Dunno how "complicated" you wanna go, but I've recently learned how to play cribbage. I put it like that because it does require some math (although very simple) and a little bit of poker (for points, not betting). Just trying to see how many ways you can add up to 15 both with your hand and (if it's your turn) the crib. Requires a small peg board to keep score and a deck of 52 cards. First to 121 or more wins.

The whole family plays Uno and Trouble a good bit. It's not too bad playing with two people.

We really like the completive games. I think one of the reasons we like checkers so much is because it's a little completive, if that's the best way to describe it. We love it when we block the other person in or when they run out of tiles.

I just found a box of games, I'm going to look through it and see what all is in it. Dominos is one of them. I'll have to see if I can figure out how to play or I'll look on youtube it.

I'd love some more suggestions though!

It's silly, but I still enjoy playing War. Look into Pente. It's got all you're looking for. I still have my original one with a roll up mat and pretty glass pieces. Highly recommend.

Back
Top Bottom