Who wants to trade?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Our seasons are the start of months
Spring: September - November
Summer: December - February
Autumn: March - May
Winter: June - August

It hasn’t been a cold winter this year so will be interested to see how hot we get

My post was a tongue in cheek joke about our summer lasting so long that we only get a week of Autumn.
Went over my held 😄

Always feels like our autumn lasts a week too lol

I wonder if we'll have a particularly cold or snowy winter here in the Chicago area. Winters haven't been very cold OR snowy recently--& I've lived in this region for 40 years.
Growing up, I lived in a couple places that make Chicago winters seem like nothing. I've lived in South Dakota--near Sioux Falls, where I saw blizzards that would bury the car in snow. Living in Superior Wisconsin, near Duluth, Minnesota, we had EXTREMELY low windchills, & averaged around 8 feet snow/year due to lake effect snow. Another cold weather experience I'll always remember is our family driving to Chicago during the blizzard of 1979. My father had to drive in a semi's tracks until we reached a place where the roads had been cleared enough.

How’s the heat in the USA ?

We’re supposed to be getting warm now we’re in the start of spring but it’s still cool.

My parents go 4 Wheel Driving and today I went with dad and some of the people from the group they’re in. Where we went was pretty high in the mountains and we saw a bit of snow while driving

Usually it’s almost end of ski / snow season this time of year so was a novelty to see the snow lmao

Attachments

• 9CAD5A41-ECDC-42E7-A875-E6354B1B3B60.jpeg
    9CAD5A41-ECDC-42E7-A875-E6354B1B3B60.jpeg
    382.4 KB · Views: 0
  • D9573EB1-1A6E-4D5A-86A5-6207D1C3A8ED.jpeg
    D9573EB1-1A6E-4D5A-86A5-6207D1C3A8ED.jpeg
    530 KB · Views: 0
I wonder if we'll have a particularly cold or snowy winter here in the Chicago area. Winters haven't been very cold OR snowy recently--& I've lived in this region for 40 years.
Growing up, I lived in a couple places that make Chicago winters seem like nothing. I've lived in South Dakota--near Sioux Falls, where I saw blizzards that would bury the car in snow. Living in Superior Wisconsin, near Duluth, Minnesota, we had EXTREMELY low windchills, & averaged around 8 feet snow/year due to lake effect snow. Another cold weather experience I'll always remember is our family driving to Chicago during the blizzard of 1979. My father had to drive in a semi's tracks until we reached a place where the roads had been cleared enough.
I have a friend who lives in Chicago. I know it’s known as the Windy City.

She tells me I wouldn’t be any good in your winter because it’s so much colder then our winter

It doesn’t snow where we live but we live about 40 - 60 mins from the snowy mountain ranges

I’ve never been to any of the mountains or towns when it’s snowing just seen it on the ground 😳

I was so happy to see some rain the other day. It's been almost two months since we got measurable rainfall here.

I was so happy to see some rain the other day. It's been almost two months since we got measurable rainfall here.
We didn’t have much rain this winter but the weir near where my parents live was still pretty high.

I’d say we’ll be expecting a hot summer this year, not looking forward to it.

Yesterday was a pretty good day here--if you like rain. It rained on & off for most of the day. We also needed it.Now we don't have to water our vegetables for a little while. My husband & I only water our vegetables and flowers--we don't water the lawn unless we've put something on it that requires watering.
Even though this summer hasn't been SUPER hot, it's been dry. I recall the steam bath summer years of 1988, 1995, & 2012 here.

1694520468761.png

That’s where my parents live, they live on the other side of the bridge but in the next country town.

I live 30 mins from there in the actual town which has shops, buses etc. A couple of years ago we had a drought then we got a lot of rain and got floods

We didn’t get too much rain this winter but the weir is still fairly high

This gives you an idea of what we're dealing with:

Oh no droughts are horrible

I sure hope you guys get some rain.

Here we get a lot of droughts and bush fires in the summer.

It seems to be a cycle drought then flood. We had a pretty warm winter with just a bit of snow but I think they’re expecting a hot summer

It's raining outside and it's glorious.

Usually the last week in November.
Yeah, and it's only about a few seconds long. Okay, maybe a couple of days.
Here in our area of TX, Autumn is a lot like this: You are lying in bed asleep, then suddenly you feel an enormous "WHUMP!!!" (hear AND feel for those who are Hearing People). Then come morning, one steps outside to note that all of the leaves have fallen from the trees at the same time.
Gives a whole new meaning to the name of the season, FALL.
The next few days, stragglers zigzag down from the trees and that's it, Fall is over.
After THAT, the weather begins cooling. Winter is longish, at least for me, with a few hard freezes and some sleet. Depending on where you are in TX, you WILL see snow but no more than a foot, maybe a little more, most years.
Where I live, it usually melts before it hits ground, then freezes and makes the roads hazardous.
People who don't live here joke about how we don't know how to drive on ice; the resulting deaths however don't even make us smile at the jokes, however true they might be.
My Mom is English, used to talk about freezing rain and six or seven inches of snow where she's from and as kids we were positively agog at such an idea. "That much snow? Impossible!"
We would have neighbor kids who would ask permission from us and the other neighbors to roll their balls of snow around the yards in order to make them large enough to build big enough Snowmen. Truth. And it was only one Snowman from our entire side of the block.
I've briefly lived in Amarillo for a job, lasted about a year, VERY far north TX, where Winter is much longer, and I have witnessed more snow than I ever want to see again (about a foot). Came back to the Dallas area as soon as I was able, curiosity being horrifyingly satiated.

actually, who would like to trade something they made, or a card?

Back
Top Bottom