addition to my post by citog

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

citog

New
Reaction score
By the way is it normal to want to find out minute for minute what happened when you have a petit mal episode?My mum wants us to go in to minute detail what time she lapsed, what were we doing what did she do, what did she say , what time was this at??
I find it so frustrating doing this type of post mortem,I have said to her that just because she loses one or two mins of the day she shouldnt let it ruin the next 8 hours- thinking about it ,pondering and questioning everybody.
Please tell me if I am the one who needs help here.I find it all so so frustrating- all I want is for her to be happy with life,I really wnat that.Am I in some sort of denial that I dont want to be dealing with this.It is almost as if I feel angry with her for being unwell every day when maybe it is not her fault.
Citog

hi there citog!

hi there, my name is margaret & I come from australia! No, its not unusual for you to be worried about your mother!! I do agree with you, E is not the end of the world. Have you got an Epilepsy Association locally? Any support groups (for your mum, or yourself if she wont go!) There are sooo... many side effects with the different meds!! It is a good idea to keep a diary of her seizures, explaining what type they were, how long they lasted, & what she was doing just before the seizure started!! If you do that, you can show it to her doctor & he may be able to see a pattern or what may be causing the trouble! I know its not easy, but hang in there! maggie

The details she asked about (except for what you did) are important and should be recorded in a seizure diary. It can help her doctors to better understand what is happening with her.

But you are right, she shouldn't obsess over it. The brain farted. No need to smell it all day long. :)

Thanks guys for your suggestions.I know she keeps a diary recording seizures and petit mal episodes...but I will do the same as it is likely that she doesnt record accurately as when she is on her own she wont know if she had one or not.
There are no support groups nearby unfortunately but I am glad I found this site and you guys! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom