Advice for regaining control ?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Khorask

New
Reaction score
Id like to say for the majority of the time my partial seizures are fairly well controlled, but due to entering a new field of work I am sometimes awake all night and sleep all day. I may have disturbed sleeping patterns for a period of 3-4 days (eg. sleep all day awake all night, then reverse this pattern etc) and this seems to trigger my seizures.

When my seizures are triggered I seem to have between (roughly) 2-6 a day for a week until they 'stabilize'.

I experience a high level of anxiety, stress, rapid heart rate between each seizure which makes the week quite traumatic.

Any advice on how to regain control or stabilize my seizure activity quicker than a week ? (I am avoiding the night work as much as possible).

Have you tried stress-reduction techniques -- meditation, progressive relaxation, Delta sleep system, etc.?

I have tried slow breathing techniques to slow my heart rate down while trying to get to sleep.. Ill investigate more of what you suggested.

ONE QUESTION, can what you suggest directly affect seizure activity ? or is it just a way to cope with it ?

thanks

Back
Top Bottom