After 2 years, I find this

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

riahc3

New
Reaction score
Hello everyone :)

Ive had epilepsy for about 2 years now and have been seizure free for about 6 months. I learned to be ok without alcohol or/and marihuana but I cant stand not being able to drive.

2 years ago, in Jan, I was actually getting my drivers license on a practical level (I had just passed the exam) and this sh*t came on me. Problably one of the hardest times was that; knowing the ability to not be able to drive. I have to be seizure free for a year before I can operate a car.

This also limits me to the jobs I can get as all of them almost require a drivers license.

Anyways, thats my small story. I actually came looking for a answer to a question which Ill post in another section that is more correct: If I missed my 9PM pill and I notice now that it is 9AM the next day, should I double dose or just skip that 9PM and just take the 9AM? My opinion would be double dose as Ive mistakenly taken 2 doses sometimes and nothing has ever happened.

Last edited by a moderator:
the actual

answer to the question about the meds really depends on what your doctor has to say. Your pharmacist would also be a great source of information, too. If you've done it before without problems, then you might be safe to do it again, but I would NOT make a habit of it.

Instead, I'd start setting an alarm on your cell phone or something, to remind you every 12 hours, to take your meds.

Yes, the inconvenience that E causes, especially in regards to drivers' licenses is a royal pain in the arse. We'll ALL agree with that. We've all been in that boat at one point in time.

Welcome to CWE, btw. I'm Meetz, one of the mods here. Feel free to poke around, and kick up your feet. You'll find plenty of information, and tons of people to meet and make friends with here. Hopefully Buckeye or Eric will be by with some decent coffee, I keep screwing it up. That is, unless you like burnt coffee. :paperbag:

Take care!

Meetz
:rock:

Thank you for the kind reply :)

I have a alarm set but it too makes me forget about taking them (and the screens says "Pills" and everything)

Ive decided to single dose only and see how it goes.

Hi riahc3--

I'm glad you went for the single dose. Doubling up can be risky (I did it once and got very dehydrated). Knowing that you may be undermedicated, do your best to go easy on yourself. Avoid anything that might be a trigger. Make sure you sleep and eat properly, avoid unusual exertion or physiological stress.

The not-driving is frustrating I know. 6 months to go, right? We're here if you want to vent in the meantime...

Best,
Nakamova

Hi riahc3, welcome to the forum. :hello:

Most AEDs are metabolized in the liver. One (Keppra) is metabolized in the kidneys. You should check with your doctor about doubling up on a dose. There could be a number of different considerations that affect the decision.

Back
Top Bottom