Brain surgery was a success

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hey everybody!

The official noggin' cracking took place on Jan 25th. Doc says everything went fine. She thinks that she removed the entire tumor. She says that there may be a litttle casing left but it shouldn't be a problem.:banana:

I'm just so tired all the time now. Doc says that is normal but wants me to get up and walk a mile or 2 each day. Yeah, right. I'm off of the pain meds except for ibuprofen. I haven't had a seziure since the surgery. That I know of. :wave:

The MRI after surgery looked good. I go back to the neuro at the end of this month for a checkup. Only problem I have is with my memory, or lack thereof. My poor long suffering husband (Nurse Rachet) will tell me what needs to be done on a given day before he goes to work. Poor man, I don't remember what he says so I just kind of putter around. Some days I guess correctly at my chores but most days I don't. It has to be frustrating for him. I ask him to leave notes for me but he says I need to try and remember. I suppose he is right but I can only do what I can do. I have an appointment with a neuropsychiatrist soon who will determine if my memory issues are permenant or not.
Everybody says that I am the same person I was before the surgery so that's good. I guess I was always ditzy and tired. :agree:

I don't get headaches anymore and I'm not sleeping with an ice pack so I suppose that progress has been made. My hair is growing back so I can go out in public without scaring small children.:pfft:

All in all, I guess I'm doing OK.

So glad to hear that. Please keep us updated.

Yea! Congrats Heather! I was wondering if we were going to hear from you again. The surgery you described back in November sounded pretty ... intense. I'm so glad it went well.

:clap:

Awesome Moxiecat!...

:rock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom