Buckled in two with Sodium Valproate

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
just started on the valporate yesterday and this afternoon i started to feel unwell dizzy and pains in my stomach is this normal or should i stop straight away i`m only on 400mg a day

Davie

Anyone????? i`m in soo much pain vomiting can hardly type with fuzzy head masn, think i`ve took a bad reaction to these things man

Anyone any experience in this begining of the epilum route with lamotragine??????

Sorry mate,just logged on.Well im on 2000mg off Sodium Valporate and have never experienced these sort off symptons are yours slow release tablets? Sounds like you need to see your gp again,Perhaps you have a stomach problem of some sort.Mind you i have never been on lamotragine.But see your doc or neuro pronto.

yeah slow release started em yesterday morning but this afternoon it hit me like a ton o bricks plus i`ve took a seizure since, i`m only on 400mg. this is what the neuro said to do 2 days ago man, you know when my next app is 17th jan 2014. if it gets worse from now until monday i`m gonna give em up man , there far to harsh on my system

Davie

Oh man, that sounds horrible. :(

I've not been on that med so no advice there, but surely your dr wouldn't make you stay on something that made you feel so bad.

Could you have caught a bug too?

Hope you feel better soon.

i`ve got that stomach thing Helicobacter Pylori, and i`m on anti biotics at the minute to fight it. but the pain was unbearable its eased off now but i`m bassically wondering if i should take tonights dose. i`ve had the Helicobacter Pylori for a couple of weeks so i know its not that only thing i`ve added is the sodium valporate, i`m going to give it a few days and see whats what, i`ve read the leaflet and it said vomiting,stomach pain, dizzyness etc on it and are only for a couple of days but if tomorrow or tonight is anything like i`ve just went through i`ll be going to hospital. i`ve got a high pain tollerance but jesus did it hurt, then the seizure aswell double whammy smashed my shoulder and thins bloody stomach ache. sometimes i wonder if these docs even know what there doing, you know i`ve got 300 tramadol in my medicine box, and i`m epileptic LMAO, the bloody things cause seizures.

Thanks for the reply Davie

Hi,I take sodium valporate with topamax.My neuro said to always make sure I eat before i take my meds as it can really play havoc with your stomach??????

i did kirsty i had my lunch just before as i started them at about half 12 but the pain was unbeleivable i wouldnt wish it my wort enemy , but its away now and i`ve taken another last night a bit of discmfort through the night but i`m feeling ok this morning

Thanks for the reply

Davie

Well there goes that theory!!!! Lol. I hope it goes away completely for you.it always seems like there's something with every med we try!!! I've had some crazy side effects when I first started tegretol,keppra,topamax and sodium valporate,luckily most of them have gone way after a few weeks.goodluck.

thank Kirsty, i`m hoping it will last just a few days i`m on aniti biotics aswell so i dont know if there reacting with the valporate or not , i`ll let you all know though

Back
Top Bottom