buhh - new with some questions.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I've also found that certain things may not trigger a seizure in me unless they're in combination with other triggers.

Yes, you can have more then one trigger. :)

I'm photosensitive, as well as having triggers of low blood sugar, and lack of sleep. It sounds like low blood sugar might be a trigger for you...as well as the lack of sleep. If that's the case, make sure you get a minimum of 7 hours of sleep every night (stick to a sleeping schedule), and eat a small meal every 2 hours. (by small meal, I mean a protein and complex carb that will fit on a dessert plate....so NO white bread, rice, pasta, potato chips, or white sugar.....) Hope this helps!
Thank you so much! I'll try and adjust. I'll also try and get better sleep.

I've also found that certain things may not trigger a seizure in me unless they're in combination with other triggers.
I think that it's the case. I did some reading up on JME as rae suggested that I have and it seams like my trigger is low blood sugar / lack of sleep and when I'm deciding to do something or doing calculations as previous seizures have showed.

Thanks everyone for all of the help you have provided it really helps!

I really can't give you any help as to if you are actually having sezs or not, but it does sound like you are.

I just know that when you write in your sez log make sure you note how long it lasted, if you had any type of smells or something odd like that. If you were shaking or just staring.

Note what you were doing at the time so that you know that if it was something that was going on at that time may have trigered it.

I have horrible memory problems because of my epilepsy and I make sure I keep everything detailed so that when the neuro askes me questions I will have the answers and not just able to tell him "I had a sez"

I hope you can get your parents to get you to see a dr.

Back
Top Bottom