Does the hospital ever make you ill?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Everytime I go to my hospital I have seizures, myoclonic jerks or absences.
I wondered if I was the only one?

My mother suggested to me it may be stress, but I don't think it is, because hospitals don't stress me out and it happens when I visit people and when I am just having simple things like monitors fitted.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Maybe it's the fluorescent lighting? (A lot of people have reported seizing in Walmart for the same reason). Or perhaps the temperature in the hospital (usually too cold)?

I suggested it could be the lighting, I have never been effected by lighting in the past.

I had a seizure in a supermarket once, where I felt the same way.

It is weird, I go in and my head starts to hurt and I get dizzy, then I get tired.
After I leave I have the seizures, sometimes as soon as I get out the door.

Hi Zara,

I don't seem to have that problem going into a hospital, but maybe Nakamova is on to something with the fluorescent lighting. There's a store I go to a lot, and there's a section of an isle where the fluorescent lights kinda strobe. It defiantly makes me feel weird. I told the store manager about it....about a year ago. He never fixed it. It's funny how people don't take us seriously.
We have the weird crazy illness....dam idiots! :soap:

Feel better,

Joey

I thought the same thing about the lighting, I am generally not effected by lights, I can go to clubs and such without any trouble.
I have had problems in super markets too, which would be the same lighting.

hospitals scare crap out of me I agree but the lighting similar to supermarkets and they cause me problems also your mum maybe right

Back
Top Bottom