Epilepsy following Leukaemia

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New
Reaction score
Hi there. My daughter was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia when she was 7. Treatment included chemotherapy and cranial irradiation.

At 17 she developed cluster epilepsy. Every two weeks she will have 5/6/7 seizures over a 24 hour period.

Various medications have been tried, the last one was Zonegran which appears to have been the worst of all. She has been taken off it too quickly and suffered rebound seizures and is unable to sleep properly.

She has tried - Lamictal, Keppra, Gabapentin, Pregabalin and Zonegran. Does anybody have any ideas as to what might work better. The whole thing is stopping her from getting on with her life.

14033 - Welcome, we are all glad that you joined us.

You have both had a rough go.
My daughter is 16, and having tonic clonic seizures. I know how difficult it is to find answers. I hope there are a few here that might work for you.

Welcome 14033!....

This forum has some really helpful folks who are very adept at research.

Ask questions...we'll try to help!

Peace!
:rock:

Welcome, I hope everything will get better, if you have already had that experience you must be a very strong person, think positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom