Expecting an epilepsy diagnosis and scared

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Hi
I too was having those unusual feelings for a long time, usually right before my menstrual cycle. I didn't check it out with a doctor and had a gran mal seizure. That's not to scare you, only to validate that you did the right thing by having it checked out. It sounds like you were having what is called partial seizures and there are good meds for that. All you
need to do is establish your therapeutic level with the doctor and then it remains relatively stable. As long as you are vigilant in having blood levels done to check.
I think it will work out fine for you. There have been some issues with dilantin from parke davis lately(which is what I take) so ask your doctor if about that. Remember be your own advocate, and ask alot of questions.

Back
Top Bottom