Greetings!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

ROFL, I would have to get a bit farther. I'm only on lessons 1-3 at the moment. This weekend is the "chapter test". If I don't pass I keep on studying until I do.

well, I plan on being around a while...so will be looking forward to u teaching me some Chinese to....and some serious brain training as I try to 'get it :)"

As you say, chapter one in due time when u "get it :)" then onto Chapter 2..

Go for it...

ROFL... sure, it's always fun telling people what you learned!

你好! 我叫克利苏听. 我二十三岁. 我是美国人。
Nǐ hǎo! Wǒ jiào kèlì sū tīng. Wǒ èrshísān suì. Wǒ shì měiguó rén.
Hello! My name is Christine. I'm 23 years old. I am American.

your lesson for today. hahaha

It’s written in 2 forms, traditional and modern?
I think I need Grandma cooking me a nice meal and chatting to me to translate hear ‘sound/speak’. Where there is a will…..there is way.

I am going to build me an A4 (to start, think) noting your Chinese translations, 1st up going to take it to work and freak out my colleague with ‘the odd’ Chinese phrase, giggle…now to figure out how to say even some of it, that’s real difficult…

Who could always look it up! This is actually the site I'M learning it on.
www. chinese-tools.com/learn/chinese

And no. That was Traditional and then Chinese Pinyin. Simple is like, a simpler version of the characters... i guess like breaking it down.

I will be waitng for my new "your lesson for today" :)

Gosh, can you say all that out loud too?

What I just typed? Yeah. XD

一,二,三,四,五,六,七,八,九,十
yi, er, san, si, wu, liu, qi, ba, jiu, shi

note: 二十 = 20 (2x10) 四十七 = 47 (4x10+7)

Wow, Did you know you had a hidden talent for language, because Chinese is one of the most complex there is...do you realize just how amazingly smart you are :)

Nǐ hǎo! Wǒ jiào kèlì Chaz......? Good, no good?

Almost there. Keli was part of MY name. XD

so you would say:
我叫茶族。
Wǒ jiào Chazu ( my name is chaz)
Asian words normally don't end in consonants. There is always a vowel that ends it.

*tho you can say your name normally while you talk. It's only the writing that you have to remember the vowel endings.

Last edited:
And really, we're nearing the end of what I know. HAHA. I'm on the third lesson until next week.

Last edited:
not 'nearing the end' BUT more like, getting warmed up....

Wǒ jiào Chazu. Wǒ sisisān suì. ?? Im 47 :)

nope... think about putting 4 10 7 and that would equal 47

四十七 = 47
你是四十七岁。 (Nǐ shì sishiqi suì) you are 47 years old.

Last edited:
我二十三岁。
wo ershisan sui.
I am 23 years old.

*Note: sisisan isn't a number. XD you put 4,4,3

see, told this was difficult....but going to learn from you and not google..

u my teacher.

Doesn't seem so difficult for me hahaha. German however, kicks my arse. germanic languages hate me. but right now, I'm surprised I can even concentrate. My pain is getting really bad. to bad laying down and others doesn't help. i wish they had given me something for the pain.

Mostly in my head, frontal lobe. it's getting so bad it's making me nauseous. everything else is like this dull ache all the way down to my toes. Mostly it's my head and neck, it's affecting everything.

Can your friends Chinese Grandma give you neck massage? Or suggest relaxation tips we could all maybe learn from?

Nope, not that I know of. Sorry for the late reply, I passed out on my bed. I didn't get a lot of sleep last night.

Mee-how Christine,

Your spirit is in the right place. Learning another language, and Chinese to boot...you rock. Good things will come your way. Hang in there.

Back
Top Bottom