hello

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Hey Meetz and all,

This is my first time so please be gentle, you just seem to have the type of seizures that I have and now I know there are more out there like me. This week I had my first Gran Mal/Tonic Clonic/Nocturnal whatever it is called in nearly 5 years. Although all of my Gran Mals were nocturnal(except the very first) I thought I may have been one of the lucky ones and was cured or never going to have a seizure ever again. Boy was I wrong!This one has affected more than the ones in the past, and I think it's because I was finally putting the Epilepsy behind me.
I have been getting out more,socializing more, applying for a job that I wouldn't have last year(financial adviser) and so on... That was until earlier in the week when I woke up to paramedics standing above me telling me that I had a seizure. I kept on on disagreeing with them and my wife when they said I had had a seizure. I was extremely agitated and was ready to fight them, and I told my wife thanks for ruining my f*&^%$# life. I thought they were either taking me to jail or to the looney bin. I dunno?
I didn't realize until later in the hospital that I had chewed my tongue pretty bad and had fell and hit my head sometime when the seizure occurred. When they did my Dilantin level it was 6.0 and normals are 10-20, so I'm sure that this had a lot to do with it as well as the stress we have been through recently. Gotta run for now.
So, in closing everybody just chill out and take your meds.

Back
Top Bottom