Hello!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Fashion

New
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm Sam and I'm new here. I haven't had a seizure since 2012 but I am still not allowed to drive.

I take lamictal. I am well aware that I will be on it for the rest of my life but that is perfectly fine.
More info about me:

Clothes and makeup are my life. My dream job is a plus sized fashion designer (I am a size 18/20 and have been since 2010) and I love my curves.

I also love exercise because I gotta stay in shape.

I look forward to meeting you all.

Hey Sam, welcome to CWE!

I'm a Lamictal person too, about 8 years and counting...

Why aren't you allowed to drive?

Hi Sam,

Welcome to CWE! Just like you I've never been able to drive and I've had epilepsy for 45 yrs. I know each state is different when it comes to the laws of driving when a person has seizures. I tried lamictal a few yrs. ago but I broke out with a rash so I had to go off the drug. Now I'm using cbd (medical marijuana) and that has been a big help for me.
Here's wishing you only the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

Hi Sam

Welcome to the group

It's interesting that you aren't aloud to drive even though you've been seizure free for so long but I guess your neurologist has their reasons.

I'm 40 & had epilepsy pretty much all my life but with big gaps of being seizure free as I had epilepsy as a baby & took tonic clonics until I was 3 but was seizure free for 21 years until the seizures returned in 2002 when I was 24. I had surgery in 2011 when I was 33 & i was 2 years seizure free until the partial seizures returned in 2013.

I've never driven, not so much because I was't aloud but for me I never had an interest in driving. After my surgery when I was a year seizure free my neurologist asked me if I wanted to be signed of to get my licence & I said no thankyou. I was put back on restrictions in 2015 when I had a VEEG which confirmed the type of seizures Im having now.

I love walking & I am lucky as i live in an area which is very central so walk every where, I just stick my earphones in and forget about the real world lmao. When I cant walk I just take the bus, all the bus drivers know me as I get the buses a bit & at my old job it used to be near the bus depot so I used to walk past the bus depot every day to get to work.

Howdy, hope you will be able to drive soon.
Myself I'm still taking the bus. It's not fun to stand waiting for it in 110 (plus) heat during our Phoenix AZ summers, but such is life.

Back
Top Bottom