Hello! Glad to meet you all!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonzen

New
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I just discovered this site and this forum. I was feeling rather alone in my long experience in living with epilepsy. I began my walk with epilepsy when I had a very high feaver at age 15. I am 55 now and have been taking Dilantin for what seems like forever, 300 mg daily. I have not had a grand mal for many many years now.

But petit mals are more frequent. This is something I would like to discus with you. The symptoms. This is probably not the correct subject to talk about here. I will ask about your thoughts and stories in a better place within this forum.

For now I just wish to introduce myself and say hello. I am a professional artist, gay, vegan, and I practice the path of Buddhism. I live alone on top of a rocky hill near the Cascades of Central Oregon. I do not drink alcohol or smoke or take drugs other than the darned/blessed Dilantin. I do, however, love fine espresso! I allow myself only one small half decaf soy latte a day. No problem it seems.

Anyway, glad to meet you all! :)

Hi jonzen, welcome to the forum. :hello:

40 years is a long time to live with seizures and not have any peers to discuss it with! Feel free to jump right in here and ask questions, vent or share your experience. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom