Hello, I'm new. Only partial seizures for me

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

mackico

New
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new. My name is Sarah. I'm 22. I only have partial seizures and have never had anything larger in my life.

I've had them since I was 14, and they really scared me, but for a long time no one knew what they were and people thought I was faking. Long story short, last year I ended up in a psychiatric hospital for 9 months because of the seizures and my reaction to them, being pumped full of anti-psychotics (which, by the way, cause seizures) and that was one of the least fun experiences of my life.

The only way I got out was by being diagnosed autism. I actually have high functioning autism, and various people have suspected it over the years, myself included, and the psych hospital I was in luckily refuses to treat people with autism, which is the loophole that allowed me to escape.

1/3 people with autistic spectrum disorders also have seizure disorders, which is interesting, and I suppose why I have epilepsy at all.

mackico

Welcome to C.W.E. and partial seizures are large enough you are among people who understand here so do not be scared.

Welcome Mackico,

Sorry to hear about your experience in the psych ward. Unfortunately, others here at CWE have had experiences in a psych ward also. I was never in one, but was seeing a psychiatrist for a while, due to severe depression. Another thing anti-psychotics can cause is Type 1 Diabetes, so beware. I took an anti-psychotic and ended up with Type 1 diabetes in addition to Epilepsy. I have CP and TC seizures as well.

Glad to have you Mackico. It's a sad thing when person do not understand what's going on with you but only you and worse when they tell you your faking. Sooo sorry you had to go through what you did just to find out you really have seizures;but you are in the right place.Everyone here has been understanding so far and very helpful.So I am confident the same will be extended to you.

Back
Top Bottom