Hi all ... not so sweet dreams, I'm having ...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodcook

New
Reaction score
Hi everybody--I just joined and I'm an inexperienced forum user,in general!

Anybody out there have nocturnal seizures only?

I'm very interested in learning more abt homeopathy to control my nocturnal seizures. I had two in the last 2 months, after being free of them for 10 years.

I will hunt around in the older threads to see if the topic was brought up. Is there much talk at all abt nocturnal seizures, here?

I'm thinking diet is the first thing to look at [and not Lamotrigne, which is what the neurologist just prescribed ...]

Thanks in advance. The posters here sound like a courageous bunch of people :clap:

:hello: Good Cook!

Welcome aboard!

I've had nocturnal seizures since
being born and still have them.
While the AEDs (anti-epileptic drugs)
do help a lot; but it doesn't stop it
control it fully.

I'm currently on Zonegran, Klonopin,
with Folic Acid on the side. But for
many years was primarily on Dilantin
with a bunch of other meds in
conjunction or just Dilantin as a stand-
alone. I've been on as many as 5 meds
for nearly 5 years at one point.

So my Neurologists and Epileptologist
had informed me the nocturnals begin
in phase II and III stage when I'm going
to sleep, and there's been a couple of
times in phase IV had been recorded.
Then while scarce but it's been recorded
also coming from stage III to II to I
quickly will trigger seizures.

The NEW machines, Digital Computerized,
during my sleep, would trip the XLEvents,
like last year's vEEGs.

The problem is, when they attempt to
awaken me from it ~ they're not able to,
but if they are able to; I'm non-responsive,
and incoherent, etc. Sometimes there's
seizures - such as Complex Partials or
Jerkings and it's hard to tell if it's going to
generalize, but I'm so out of it.

But the next day, when they ask me a
bunch of questions. I have no memory or
nothing; they tell me all these things so I
have absolutely no knowledge or who was
there or what happened specifically.

I DO have the Medical Records I can go by,
but as far as my memory and everything,
ZLITCH!

Hi goodcook, welcome to CWE. :hello:

Stacy (my wife) used to have nocturnal seizures only once upon a time, but her seizure patterns have changed dramatically many times over the last decade.

When you sleep, your brain waves shift from predominantly alpha/beta to predominantly theta/delta. Seizures are generally associated with high theta wave activity. It's possible that your theta wave activity is too much when you are sleeping. EEG neurofeedback can help with that.

Hi Goodcook: Welcome to the board . Looking forward to getting to know you.
I am off meds and on homeopathy. But I do not have nite szs . Mine start in the morning with absences and they cluster into a gran mal in the afternoon.

The homeopathy Dr will treat you , your systems and your personality. I have been super pleased with the homeopathy I have received.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Riva

I can't be certain, but I don't believe my daughter has had any seizures while asleep. Hers are mostly during the day, with little warning she can be down on the ground. Some seem to be a harder crash landing than others, but as of this date she has not seriously hurt herself.

Hello,
My son had been having nocturnal seizures since the age of 12 1/2. He is now 19. He did go 2 1/2 yrs. without one, but when we moved they came back. He just had one on the 15th of this month. He now has had one every 32 days and yes while sleeping. He is going to Ohio for a week of testing in December. They will also try to locate the focal point of the seizures as well. If and when he has a day seizure it's usually a break through seizure due to a med change or a low level range of the meds. He has no idea he's having the seizures until he comes through (tonic-clonic).
Marian

Thanks!

These emoticons are a riot :agree:

I appreciate all yr info & sharing. Gives me plenty of new info to research, think abt, talk to neurologist abt. I'd really like to control these nocturnal seizures w/out pharmaceuticals. We'll see how that works out ...

Welcome goodcook

Lots of helpful :hi5: people here and the little emo's are always fun! :woot:

I am seizure free 2 1/2 years. As for noctural, all I can say is I have woken up in the morning with a sore tongue a few times, but say I know of 1 grand mal for certain. All the others were simple and complex particals

I, too, have seizures (tonic clonic) only in my sleep. I haven't had any in 4 years. Before that it had been 7. I usually have them when I have to change meds, but didn't this last time (last 2 months). BUT this time I have also cut out wheat gluten & lactose because I've become allergic to them, and I think that even years ago those 2 things were irritants to my system, if that makes any sense. I do feel more stable without the wheat gluten and the lactose in my system......there have only been a few times over the last 4 years that I have wondered that I might have had an aborted seizure....3, maybe 4 times, tops. For me, that's peachy.

Now that I've found this site, I'm going to hone in more on the diet, and see just how much more I can get out of it......although I've discovered I'm allergic to corn, potatoes, mushrooms, & olives IN ADDITION to the wheat gluten and lactose. Hehehehe. What fun.

Good luck!

Meetz

Hi M-10 & BB. Bit mytongue so hard last time it was a full week to heal. Yes, I'm working on diet too, and ordered that Sugar Busters diet book from Amazon. I think I'll try meditation too -- although I hate sitting still :banana: Guess i'll have to learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom