Hi everyone :)

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

SlimBlue

Account Closed
Inactive
Reaction score
Hi everyone :)

I'm unsure why I've never tried searching for a support forum like this, but I have to say: this is an AWESOME forum- I was a fool not to- it feels like I've learnt more about my condition in a few days of lurking here than through 20 years of NHS care!

I'm active on loads of forums usually, but for some reason I've never felt I needed any extra info/support for my epilepsy as it's been fairly stable for the best part of 10 years (around 2 grand mal/absence seizures per month). I can see what I've been missing though- the community spirit centred round this place is phenomenal :)

Stress and tiredness are the main triggers for me, and I'm currently taking Tegretol, Lamacital and Keppra- though I was originally started on Epilim which turned out to be no use at all.

Feel free to buzz me, and give yourself some extra TLC today if you live with the side effects of epilepsy in your life....

Hi SlimBlue, welcome to CWE!

We have a bunch of UK members, so you'll have folks to commiserate with you about the pleasures of the NHS. There's a lot of good info at CWE, so I hope you feel free to explore the archives and wander around the different forums. Help yourself to the biscuits (they may be a little stale). :)

Best,
Nakamova

This site is great!

I know would find other sites like this one but when you asked a question it would take a week to get an answer to something you posted, if you even got one at all. On here it might take an hour or two, if even that long.

It's nice to know there are other people that are going through the same things that you are and you aren't the only one do you don't feel 'odd' or 'differen't' and don't feel alone in the world.

You find out what things that might be a seizure 'trigger' and get answers about how people deal with problems that their meds might be causing and find out how they coped with them. Sometimes it's in a funny way so you can get a good laugh about it.

You'll find out things that you should ask your dr about that you may never think to ask them and it helps get things figured out alot better and faster.

It's nice too that you can talk about things other than epilepsy on here too.

Glad to meet you!

Welcome to CWE

Hello SimBlue and Welcome!

I am new here and have found a wonderful, tolerant and knowledgeable community.

I hope you find the support and understanding you are looking for.

Tom

Hi slimblue

A problem shared is a poblem halved. I have had some good advice when it comes to dealing with the nhs at home . I am more vocal now when hospital appointments are due . And this is down to the great advice and support of the forum

Now this is what I'm talking about!!! Thank you all, and nice to meet you too :)

Hi SlimBlue,

Glad you have found the forum.

I have found more answers to questions here.

The people here are good at understanding, sharing their exper. and plan old listening to you when you feel so no is listening.

Back
Top Bottom