Hi, I'm new here

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
I have generalized complex partial seizures. I've been on the worst roller coaster ride ever for over 20 years. I started out having a couple hundred a day, I'm down to a few a week, sometimes a day. I Have a lot of triggers, it doesn't help I'm really sensitive to side effects. I take lamictal 600mg. and generic keppra 1750mg. I'm totally out of my element here. I'm not a computer person, I don't have a cell phone. I have 4 therapist, 2 sleep in the barn the other 2 sleep in the yard. I'm more fluent in equine and k-9 than english. I'm not really a 'sharer' I'm more of a listener. I have my husband to talk to about Epilepsy, he does his best to understand, bless his heart. All my doctors, not good listeners. It's nice to 'hear' other peoples opinions, comments and questions. Thanks a bunch to everyone on here, it's good to know that there is a place to go where I can 'talk' to others that really understand and have experienced the same things as I have.

Howdy 1dayatatime, welcome to CWE!

I don't have a cellphone either, so you can join my exclusive club. :)

Feel free to wander around and explore the different forums here. if you have any questions or run into any problems navigating the site, just ask -- we're friendly and we don't bite.

best,
Nakamova

1dayatatime

Welcome to C.W.E. you picked a good place with good people so try and relax, have a coffey or tea and look around.

They help keep me sane, they're really good listeners and they don't talk back or judge.

Wow! I thought I was the only one left on the planet that doesn't have a cell. I figure if someone wants to talk to me they can call or come by. I'm not on face book either, this site is as close to social media as I've ever been.

Yeah, I'm not on FaceBook. Just haven't felt like it's important for me to have or do. I still read old-fashioned books and listen to records though. :)

Wow! I thought I was the only one left on the planet that doesn't have a cell. I figure if someone wants to talk to me they can call or come by. I'm not on face book either, this site is as close to social media as I've ever been.
Count me in that club too. No cell phone, no Facebook, I have never tweeted or instagrammed and only have a vague idea of what those things are.

Isn't it great!!
My kids laugh at me, when my mom or brothers email me sometimes they 'talk text' lol, omg, lmao stuff like that, I have to ask the kids what it stand for.

Back
Top Bottom