I'm new on here....so I thought I'd say hello!!!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Brinlee

New
Reaction score

Hi everyone! My name is Brinlee I'm 28 years old, I had my first seizure about 2 years ago. In the past 2 years I have been on about 9 different meds/med combos....I hated it! I couldn't stand the way it made me feel, I was sooo deppressed(and I am normally a very bubbly outgoing person) so I decided to try this alone, I had to be myself again no matter what. So I haven't been taking meds for about 6 months. Sometimes I think I'm doing ok with it and other times not. I have Grand Mal, Partial Complex, and Simple Partial seizures. Wow, I meant to just come on here and say a quick hello...as you can tell I love to talk, so if anyone ever wants to talk just holler! **Brinlee**:banana:

Hi Brinlee - my daughter is 16 and had her first seizure 2 years ago. We tried four meds, and we decided that the quality of life while on them was awful. So she has also been med free since March. She tends to only have Tonic Clonic (Grand Mal) seizures.

We have seen a reduction in seizures, with nutritional changes, vitamin and minerals that support brain function, neurofeedback, and bio-identical progesterone therapy.

I love to hear of others that are embracing alternative choices.

Welcome!

:hello: Brinlee!

Welcome to CWE! You'll find this place downright
laid back and friendly and full of resources and
much more! We can be a chatty bunch in the Lounge
or poke fun at "E" in the Lemonade Stand!

:D

There's so much in this place ... Enjoy!

Hello Brinlee~:hello:

Welcome to CWE board. I hope you enjoy this board as much as I do. Plus meet alot of wonderful people. If you have a question or want to chat just post it and I am sure someone will respond. Hope to hear from you more. Take care.:rose:

Hi Brinlee!!

Welcome! I have only been here a few days myself, but have found everyone to be very kind already!!

I also love to talk, so if you want to, feel free!!

Take care xx

Hi Brinlee,
Welcome to the group and you'll find there are a lot of great people here.
I was dx'd when I was 2 and I have tonic-clonic(grand mal) absence, complex partial simple partial.

The ppl here are here for me when I need to talk so they'll be here for you.

Belinda:ponder::banana::e:

Hi Brinlee!!

I also wanted to welcome you to this wonderful group of caring people. I'm sure we'll be talking in the future.
Sincerely,
JosieB

Last edited:
Hi Brinlee & Welcome :hello:

You've come to the right place, so feel free to talk, vent or joke. :banana:

Cindy

Hi Brinlee, welcome to the forum. :hello:

Make yourself at home here. :)

Hi Brinlee! Welcome to CWE. :) Feel free to ask questions, chime in, or just vent if needed. :) We're a pretty friendly bunch.

Hi, helllo, and

how do ya do? I see ya've met a lot of the crew already. Mr B (Bernard) has built us a pretty cool house here.......so stick around a while, and check out all the nooks and crannies. Buckeye should be around soon with some yummy coffee.....just don't spill it on yourself, like I just did mine! (BE QUIET Buckeye, Speber, and TT!)

Skilly's right, we're a pretty friendly bunch.......there's lots of fun to be had here (check out the wedding dress post for proof of that--LOL:roflmao::pfft:), research and info (Library), music (Speber's Auditorium) and a place to vent if ya need it (the Padded Room)

WELCOME TO CWE!

Meetz
:rock:

Hi Brinlee,
I just joined a few minutes ago, but I will say welcome to you anyway, even though you joined before I did.

Am I the only one on medication???:ponder:

Hi Brinlee,
Welcome aboard! I love to talk, too...just ask Robin & Skillefer...hope you enjoy your stay! ~Ann

Welcome Brinlee! This is a great site. We are a bunch of nuts, who love to laugh when we can. We are also a very supportive group of folks. So jump right in and join us (just don't dive head-first)! :roflmao: :banana:

MichelleMC there are plenty of us on meds., but because many/most of us have refractory epilepsy (seizures not fully controlled by meds.), a lot of us look for alternative or complementary therapy. :e: Welcome to you! :)

Take care. -Julie

MichelleMC there are plenty of us on meds., but because many/most of us have refractory epilepsy (seizures not fully controlled by meds.), a lot of us look for alternative or complementary therapy. :e: Welcome to you! :)

Take care. -Julie

Hi Julie,
I guess I can say mine aren't fully controlled either as I have the partial seizures sometimes during some months and once in a while when I stress out. Thanks for your reply.

Bernard,
I know that I'm not the only one now. I felt that way when I read the first posts though.

Welcome Brinlee

:cheers:

Pull up a chair and have a cup of coffee. Relax for awhile, put your feet up, and enjoy the company around here. We have a pretty good cross section of the English Speaking world (UK, Ireland, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and the USA) plus some other great contributors from other countries as well.

You will see that each of the rooms has its own theme and attitude. This works great so that you can choose which area you wish to visit at any time.

Also, plenty of good natured joking going on (in the right rooms) as you will see. I love the laughing and speber's music for stress relief.

:cheers:

Aloha MicheleMC-You landed in the right place with or without meds! We are an interesting lot and you will find friends and information, strenghth and a shoulder when needed. We all march on, some small steps some big ones but if you want to understand how epilepsy affects people and their lives, this is it. many a time I thought I was the 'only one' only to visit here and find myself very much in the company of others!:e:

Back
Top Bottom